Sign in to follow this  
CaptSimMD11

MD-11 is a beautiful bird!

I believe this is stated rather clearly in the EULA, which I would suspect, not many read these days

If you're a software designer you should assume that NOBODY will read your EULA, READMEs etc

The user will NOT read your warning messages. You have to put aural "BONGS!" and big fat exclamation marks for him to pay some attention (maybe).

I'm not pointing at the OP particularly by the way. I'm the first one that never reads EULAs, maybe scan them in a "diagonal reading". (come on, most people never do).

HOWEVER: Not reading or knowing about the rule does not exempt you from complying with it. This a general rule of thumb in "law".

• Upvote 1

Jaime Beneyto

My real life aviation and flight simulation videos [English and Spanish]

System: i9 9900k OC 5.0 GHz | RTX 2080 Super | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Asus Z390-F

If only there were a way that when software is being installed, that it checks to see if the sim specified matches the designed parameters (i.e installing a fsx-only aircraft into P3D would cause installer to cease running).

-Jim

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

If only there were a way that when software is being installed, that it checks to see if the sim specified matches the designed parameters (i.e installing a fsx-only aircraft into P3D would cause installer to cease running).

-Jim

It is what it is I guess.

-Jim

This is present in the 737NGX and 777 lineups.

When I bought the -300ER expansion for P3D, I accidentally clicked my FSX installer instead, and it detected that my sim is not FSX and shut itself down. I installed using the correct P3D installer and the 300ER loaded without any problems. 

I'd assume that it's not present in the MD-11 installer because at that time, P3D did not exist. It was FSX and ESP. 

3HSAJHT.png

TFDi Design

No. This is in violation of the EULA that specifically states that the product is only for FSX.

Um, Kyle,  didn't PMDG tell it's 1900 C/D customers on how to put that bird into FSX from FS9? http://support.precisionmanuals.com/kb/a82/how-do-i-import-the-1900c-and-1900d-into-flight-simulator-x.aspx You guys also said if it was done there would be no support on it. 

NOTICE - these methods are an unsupported way to use these products in FSX. They were not designed for FSX and they are not marketed as being compatible with FSX. If you experience any issues using these products in FSX, there is nothing we can do via our official support process.

Not trying to agree or disagree with you, just trying to figure out what all the chest banging is about when it was allowed in the past?

• Upvote 2

Um, Kyle,  didn't PMDG tell it's 1900 C/D customers on how to put that bird into FSX from FS9? http://support.preci...imulator-x.aspx You guys also said if it was done there would be no support on it. 

We did, but both FS9 and FSX were in the same scope of software. Prepar3D does not exist in the entertainment realm as FSX and FS9 do (P3D is an evolution of ESP, not FSX). There are associated challenges in operating in the latter, though some choose to ignore this (i.e. don't come back with "well X does, Y!!!"), or do not have the same issues (e.g. weather devs do not require a license from Mother Nature).

Perhaps it's best to leave the actual legalities and so on to the people who know the intricacies of them instead of trying to point out supposed inconsistencies. In a similar vein, one might think it would be telling to see a developer offer ways of using an older product in a new platform, yet be so incredibly strict about using it in another. One might assume that there's a good reason for that.

Kyle Rodgers

That's no problem Kyle, I thought P3D and FSX were pretty much the same beast. And please don't take offense to what I stated, as me defending what others are trying to do. I am a staunch supporter of PMDG, I am trying (and losing miserably at it ) and hoping you guys will someday resurrect the MD-11 into P3D. I know what has been stated in the past about it, but I do have my fingers crossed. Also thanks for your very professional way of telling me to hush. Lol enjoy your weekend.

• Upvote 1

Also thanks for your very professional way of telling me to hush.

I'm sorry. After continuously answering the same forum lawyering about P3D, it gets really old, and my patience for it suffers. People are completely out of their league when trying to understand the realm that P3D operates in. Quite a number of people in this hobby seem to flatly reject this crazy notion that P3D isn't what they think it is. If some of you don't believe me, go talk to a lawyer about it.

----------

I hid a few posts here as well. Partly for being unsigned, and partly for getting into the legalities of an EULA (and responses to that tangent). This forum isn't here to discuss legal issues. The EULA exists. It limits your ability to use the software in ways specifically outlined by the language that it contains. Don't use the software outside of the license agreement provided. Pretty simple stuff.

Kyle Rodgers