Sign in to follow this  
epopchock

unable to load flight plans into FMC of the Wilco Feelthere E175/195

Hey, guys,

I was hoping somebody could help me out.  I was trying to do a flight to Bermuda from New York today in the Wilco Feelthere Embraer 190 payware aircraft (in Jet Blue's livery), and even after loading my aircraft with the flight plan into fsx, the flight plan never appears in the FMC of my aircraft, and if I try to enter the flight plan (KJFK-TXKF, which is the airport code for Bermuda's airport), I will get either of the following error messages:

1. Flight Plan is Invalid

2. Invalid Entry

This is extremely frustrating, and the manual that came with my product does not clearly explain how to input flight plans into this aircraft.  Are there any suggestions you guys have that may help?  until I get assistance, I am going to be doing the flight in a different plane.

Evan :wink:

You get these messages when some element of your plan doesn't match the data in the Ejet. The best way to create plans is to generate them with a planner that matches the AIRAC installed in the aircraft and enter them manually. Most external planners that generate plans in the format the Ejet was designed to read will fail because they have correct entries the Ejet expects to be incorrect. I know that sounds odd, but there it is.

DJ

Suggest this tutorial video on how to manually enter the flight plan into the FMC.  

If you load the FSX flight plan into FSX, you should also be able to import it into the FMC.  

Have fun.

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library

Suggest this tutorial video on how to manually enter the flight plan into the FMC.  

If you load the FSX flight plan into FSX, you should also be able to import it into the FMC.  

Have fun.

I appreciate your help.  But before I consider this option, I would like to know if there is by any chance a third-party flight planning tool that I can download from onlne (one that is freeware).

There is no freeware, downloadable, third-party tool that I am aware of that can use your choice of AIRAC and export to FSX or the Ejet. SimBrief is a free, online planner that uses the AIRAC and will create and export plans in many formats.

DJ

Just started flying this airplane again and it seems if I don't load an FS flight plan, initializing the route doesn't happen. I have tried several times to initialize a flight from KMSP to KDSM and while the FMC will take the route entries, it never initializes. Of course, everything goes smoothly loading the FS flight plan, but not when it is manually entered. Any help?

Eric Parker

Bump... I enter my flight plans manually always. Suddenly I am having issues with position initialization and getting invalid entry response when I try to punch the flight plan in. Anyone experienced this and find a fix?

Hello Ryan,

I also have the eJets for both FS2004 and FSX.  Flightplan entry is the same in both, so platform doesn't matter in this case.

When I first used them (E170/E190) I also had trouble with Position Initialization and invalid entries.  The Position Initialization problem usually came down to me not entering a cruise altitude on the performance page.  I found a tutorial on you tube and then paused the tutorial as I watched and wrote down the entry steps in order in to a checklist form that I still use to this day to enter my flight plans.  With the eJets FMC it is very easy to forget a step in the entry process.

Invalid entries were usually, for me at least, entering a waypoint from a current AIRAC flightplan that did not exist in the AIRAC that came with the aircraft when I downloaded it.  I solved that by purchasing an annual subscription to Navigraph data and then only using current real world flight plans to plan my flights.

In your case, if that is in fact the reason for the invalid entry, just try skipping that waypoint in the plan and going to the next one in sequence.  If it is an airway issue, for instance the FMC won't accept that airway J123 starts at waypoint "ABCDE" or ends at waypoint "FGHIJ" try going direct without using the airway.  I use vRoute and Skyvector both (as well as Navigraph Chart Cloud, but that is a subscription service).  They are freeware, although vRoute also has a purchase premium option, but is not needed to plan routes.  Looking at your route on the airway chart can sometimes help you visualize where your plan should be going.

Randy