Sign in to follow this  
edpatino

Nvidia Drivers - Any Experiences?

I'm running P3Dv3.2 and I've still using the Nvidia driver 361.43, dated back to Dec. 21, 2015. I have not updated yet to any more recent driver because I read that 364.XX series were causing "trouble" to a certain amount of users. Just want to know if someone have tried any new or one of the more recent drivers on his own and want to share his experience?.

Thanks,

Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

I'm running P3Dv3.2 and I've still using the Nvidia driver 361.43, dated back to Dec. 21, 2015. I have not updated yet to any more recent driver because I read that 364.XX series were causing "trouble" to a certain amount of users. Just want to know if someone have tried any new or one of the more recent drivers on his own and want to share his experience?.

Thanks,

Ed

I am running 347.88.  It works great. Not going to mess with it. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

It really depends on the hardware you have. I have an old GTX760OC. I started out with the latest drivers, felt unhappy about stuttering despite turning down settings. Then went back to 361.91 but still somewhat unhappy. Then dropped back to 361.43 but still unhappy. I've now dropped down all the way back to the one of the first drivers that came out for W10 which were 353.30. Although some "features" don't work, like being able to customize monitor refresh rate, I'm fairly sure there is an improvement in stuttering reduction (but have not quantified it). In cloud performance has also improved for a reason I don't understand. Could it be placebo? I doubt it but it is possible.

I'm satisfied with the latest ones (364.72) on two reference GTX 780's in SLI.

Best regards, Luís

SYSTEM (build date july, 2023): Case: Lian Li Lancool III  |  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z790-E Gaming WIFI  CPU: Intel® Core™ i9-13900K Processor @ 6.0 GHZ  |  RAM: 128 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB @ 4800 MHZ  |  MVMe 1: 4 TB Crucial T700 PCIe Gen 5 MVMe 2: 4TB WD Black SN850X PCIe Gen 4 Cooler: Corsair iCue H150i Elite LCD XT | PSU: Corsair HX1500i | GPU: Asus ROG STRIX Gaming 4090 OC | Microsoft Windows 11 x64 Pro

I'm using the 364.72 drivers with a GTX 970 and have seen no problems. But, frankly, I don't think the drivers matter all that much. I've used eight different drivers with this card and haven't seen any significant difference at all as far as performance is concerned. And, the older the card the less the need to update the drivers. Newer drivers are seldom of benefit with older hardware. As the wise man once said, if it ain't broke don't fix it.....unless you're like me and just can't resist :smile: .

Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Still 353.30 here. seems to perform better in clouds and smoother on my system. But not the best for SLI so it is give and take scenario with my 970's

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png