Sign in to follow this  
zambetom

OPERATIONS MANAGER - no livery insteller after FSX unistalled

Good afternoon All,

I was an FSX (classic MS-CD edition) user and then I switched to P3D by keeping both simulators on my PC for a few months. Two or three weeks ago I decided to uninstall FSX, but it has not been possible in the normal way 'cause the system prevented to uninstall it (maybe 'cause P3D was using some FSX features for some resons). Then I did something very stupid, I manually deleted most of the files... From that moment I am not able to use the Operations Manager. I will explain it better: the Operations Manager opens but then I can't do anything. It looks like I have no aircrafts installed (but I have 777 and 737NGX) and the only options the menu give me are to buy the products. I tried to uninstall and reinstall the aircrafts, but without results.

I was thinking about reinstalling FSX to try to solve the issue, but I would like to know if anybody has got any other solution.

I hope you will help me!

Best Regards

Alessandro Zambelan

Your best option would be to submit a ticket to PMDG at support.precisionmanuals.com. You might have removed your PMDG add-ons in a wrong way, but I am not exactly sure.

Agree with Andrew. PMDG has bold capitalized warning in the readme file... do not manually delete program files. Now that is water under the bridge, you have to clean up your registry which may have already had preexisting problems.  Sounds like you are in for an adventure.

Dan Downs KCRP

Next time you  have to perform this function, download Revo Uninstaller.  It will totally clean your system as needed. I think they have a trial period at no cost.  Blessings

Next time you  have to perform this function, download Revo Uninstaller.  It will totally clean your system as needed. I think they have a trial period at no cost.  Blessings

CCleaner also does a good job with registry fixes and it has always been free. :)

-Jim

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

If a registry cleaner doesn't work then your own idea might. Reinstall FSX and then the PMDG addons that you deleted the folders for. This should correct the installation registry entries and refresh the uninstall paths. Then you may be able to uninstall things correctly. If it doesn't still doesn't then you could well have to manually delete the problematic registry entries. Back up the registry first of course.

ki9cAAb.jpg

Dear All,

thank you very much for all your replies. I followed all your suggetions, but without success and so I opened a ticket with PMDG support and they are kindly assisting me... I will let you know.

In the mean time, other problems have come out and I think my system is completely messed up. I think my only solution will be a complete format of my PC, so I will bring it to the original virgin status. yesterday, after installing P3D v2.5 I opened it and there was a strange foggy effect (the back ground black colour of the screen looked like gray, like brightness was not properly set, but it was not a screen problem... It was the program), so I will format everything.

What a mess!!!

Alessandro Zambelan