Sign in to follow this  
ger

saitek calibration

Hi guys ,

I just bought a saitek yoke with throttles wich i m planning to install tomorrow .

Spent some time time today reading about all the install options and calibrating the different axes in fsuipc and P3D .

My question ,

Is is best to calibrate everything in fsuipc or in P3d , i m asking this because i m not sure when i calibrate the axes in fsuipc the 777 FBW system gets messed up.

Hoping someone can help me with this

Thanks

Hi Gerard, I recommend you first try doing your setup and calibration in P3D, which from v3.0 onward has been very easy for my with my saitek pedals and thrustmaster HOTAS controllers.  I do use FSUIPC but only for converting buttons into keycommands for the PMDG FMC Options available, and to display VAS remaining.  If you're not happy with P3D controller interface, then you can try FSUIPC but I've not found that to be necessary.

Dan Downs KCRP

Except if one require different profiles for different types of aircraft. Twins, tri, Turbos etc. Then FSUIPC is easy and marvelous. I use and always have used FSUIPC for my throttle setups and buttons and even some rotarys, if not Linda. p3D and FSX.

I use FSX  and also the Saitek Yoke Pro. I did nothing in FSUIPC even having the full version. I used SPAD to get beter driver for Saitek with W10, but you have to reinstall the switch panel, the pedal and the instrument panel with the original drivers of Saitek. That works after very good for FSX with W10.

The radio works too if you configure correctly the PMDG radio, and I use only from Saitek the spoiler, the reverse, the trim, the brakes, the gateaway,  the ezdock camera, the pushback, or from PMDG or FSX when GSX insn't avaible, the quake is always correct and the CRS also (just for info), but with no use. Don't try the Saitek A/P, HDG, IAS, VS and ALT. it doesn't work, but use only the PMDG A/P.

You restart your PC for the planes of FSX (P3D) and Saitek works correctly.

Good Flight

Hi all,

thanks for all suggestions, since i mainly will fly the pmdg planes ,i m going to try to calibrate in p3d to see if that works and like Dan said ,if this doesn't work i can allways do it in fsuipc ,

thanks again