Sign in to follow this  
mrandruz

777 not work in P3D

Hi,

I have P3d 3.2 and the latest version of PMDG 777.

Everything works fine when I use the default aircraft but as soon as I try to load the 777 (installed and uninstalled several times) the program crashes without messages.

Can someone help me?

Andrea Lana

Hi,

I have P3d 3.2 and the latest version of PMDG 777.

Everything works fine when I use the default aircraft but as soon as I try to load the 777 (installed and uninstalled several times) the program crashes without messages.

Can someone help me?

Not sure but you are suppose to load the 777 straight up - do not load a default aircraft first - this is what PMDG has stated - not saying this will fix your issue but try it 

Rich Sennett

You need to put in your full name to get support - hopefully the PMDG support will chime in - theres a lot of posts on this problem here that you can look at

Heres one for example

http://www.avsim.com/topic/480203-777-p3d-v3-crash-on-start-up-of-p3d/

Rich Sennett

Let me help head this off at the pass.  You will need your first and last name in this forum, so that PMDG can assist, in case this is a technical problem or even a registration issue.

Not to get too basic, but did you install the correct version of the 777?  There are two flavors, the FSX version and the P3D version.  Have you opened the OPS Center to ensure you have everything up to date?  You stated you installed an uninstalled several times...maybe your registration hit a limit?

-Jim

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Thanks Jim

Read this - looks like it will help

http://support.precisionmanuals.com/kb/a112/important-and-nearly-foolproof-steps-to-running-your-pmdg-product-in-prepar3d-v3.aspx

Simconnect might not be installed also (fsx service packs in your dist folder in main P3D folder)

Rich Sennett

Jim, I installed the P3D version, I also tried reinstalling the first downloaded version in December. Until the startup okay, the 777 is present in the list of installed aircraft along with the default ones. It crashes when I try to load it.
I followed the instructions on the PMDG website to the letter, I verified that SimConnect is installed in the "REDIST" folder but nothing.

Andrea Lana

Andrea Lana

Is this a new install nothing else loaded into P3D other than 777 ?

Rich Sennett

Jim, I installed the P3D version, I also tried reinstalling the first downloaded version in December. Until the startup okay, the 777 is present in the list of installed aircraft along with the default ones. It crashes when I try to load it.

I followed the instructions on the PMDG website to the letter, I verified that SimConnect is installed in the "REDIST" folder but nothing.

Andrea Lana

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't there an update of this in January?

-Jim

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

nothing else, just P3D and PMDG. No other addon for now

i try the old version and the new version update. Same thing

Andrea Lana

After install, did you go to the OPS Center?  Also, when you get in to P3D and select the 777, does it prompt you for the registration?

I have another thought, did you remember to deactivate the aircraft prior to uninstall?

-Jim

In the FMC.  You may want to go over the manuals that accompanied the aircraft.  I am sure any PMDG support person would say the same.  The intro document is very helpful diagnosing basic troubleshooting issues.

-Jim