Sign in to follow this  
hs118

Comm radios off by 0.01

Just re-installed the C337H with the latest installer from fspilotshop and am having an issue with the comm radios.

The frequencies are always 0.01 Mhz off. For example, if I try to tune 122.00 (ASN ATIS), what I get on the radios is 122.01.

All frequencies I try to tune appear to be off by the same 0.01Mhz.

Is this my install or a more common problem?

I don't have this problem when I tune the frequencies myself, using mouse wheel, VRinsight M-Panel or an Android app (PW372 Radio Stack).

When the virtual co-pilot of PF3 changes the frequency of COM2, sometimes it happens that the frequency initially is off by 0.01, but this corrects itself after a second or two.

So I can't say I really have this problem (FSX in Windows 7 64bit, no problem with XP in the past either).

What do you use to change the frequencies?

Do you have the problem with COM1 (in the GPS unit), COM2 (Collins), or both?

Interesting and possibly related to what's happening to me.

Turns out, the flight I saved immediately after the first load had both of the radios set to 135.01. I edited the flight to set both the radios to 135.00 and they have both worked correctly since then.

Perhaps there is something about the default load of the plane that has the "bug".

PS, was with both radios and I use the VC to tune the radios.

Thanks for taking a minute to let me know your experience.