Sign in to follow this  
BamaKevin

Panning around in external view.

Seen a lot of great videos in P3D and Fsx. Would like to know what everyone is using to pan around in external view or in VC. I am currently using my mouse with ezdok. Also would like to know some settings that you maybe using. Trying to get that floating around feel. I am waiting on my Trackir 5 to arrive.

Kevin Humphryes

To get that "floating around" feel, you set up EZdok with some smooth and slow keyboard and mouse movements. In the mouse settings of Ezdok there should be buttons like "3D game/Cinematic/etc." If you click cinematic it will have a nice preset for that smooth look you're going for.

Ok will play with those settings. When I get Trackir up and running will I need to make a lot of changes to the panning around settings? Will I still pan around like I am now or will that change?

Kevin Humphryes

Make sure whatever camera you are using it has the 360 button enabled. I used Tower view to pan around as well. That is a setting within the sim though.

Jason Weaver - WestWind Airlines; FlyUK Airlines; VirtualUnited.org

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

Make sure whatever camera you are using it has the 360 button enabled. I used Tower view to pan around as well. That is a setting within the sim though.

How do you pan around in Tower view? All I can do is zoom in/out....

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

There is a view setting named Track/pan toggle. This allows you in Tower view to either lock view from tower on the user aircraft or unlock the view so you can rotate around and look at everything else.

If you have Ezdok then when you hit the key to unlock the view you use the middle mouse button to rotate around.  + - to zoom in and out. 

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

Jason this is the reason I started this thread! This is good stuff here. Is the track/pan toggle within P3D settings or Ezdok? Thanks

Kevin Humphryes

P3D under Controls (key commands) then in the view section.   Just assign a key to track/pan.  I use the comma key but you can use any key. 

Obviously sometimes the camera is not situated high enough or in the correct position of the tower.  Page Up/Page Down will raise and lower the camera view. 

Same with external aircraft view with Ezdok, you should be able to move it around 360 and move forward/back, up/down, etc. 

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

Is there any simple button method to pan left and right?  PFC software (by Pete Dowson)  can be set to do this in Precision Flight Controls equipment, but I don't know what button press code he uses.

I use X-Keys to set up multiples for one press easy control.

Regards

Frank Jones