I recently did a clean install of Windows 10 and after I plugged in all my controllers they were all recognized by the new OS.

I am not planning on installing any the Saitek drivers only if I need to but wanted to know what is recommended for the Radio Panel

and the Switch Panel. Should I install Saitek's plugins or should I only install Spad?

If Spad is fine which version are you guys using?

I also plan on using LINDA for the panels with FSUIPC paid version.

I don't have Win 10, so it may vary, but I use the freeware version of SPAD located at http://fstools.weebly.com/.

They work great for the switch and radio panels (I have two), as well as the multi panel. 

You can customize the switches to emulate various keystrokes, which helps when an aircraft, such as the A2A C172 doesn't completely conform to FSX defaults.

I have also played with the Saitek FSX plugins.  The Saitek plugins are pretty basic, with no ability to customize their function, but they work great.

Both load through exe.xml and are only in memory when FSX is.

There is also the option for the payware SPAD.neXT, but unless you need more customization, go with the freeware.

Ernie

Ernest Pergrem

SPAD.neXt has the added advantage of driving FIPs and controls like yoke, and optionally do all of this over the network. I'd never go without it again. 

The old SPAD worked great indeed, but was just limited to the panels.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

I recently went to Windows 10. I have the Saitek Pro yoke, throttles and rudders but no panels. I installed the MadCatz Saitek W10 drivers and the Saitek plugin. Does the plugin do anything without panels?  Would SPAD do anything for me?  I use FSUIPC extensively for specific profiles.  The only real issue I've had is I can't get the mode switch to be recognized in conditional button programming.  And the yoke HID is bound to a generic USB input in device manager.

[CPL]  I9-9900K @5.0GHz HT ON, Maximus XI Hero, ASUS TUF RTX4080 OC, 32GB DDR4 3200 14, 1TB NVMe SSD, 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 40" Samsung 4K TV, Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Logitech Rudder Pedals, WIN11

I've run both Saitek drivers and SPAD for both versions of windows... SPAD all the way.  Wish Saitek would follow suit and can't understand why they haven't.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Thanks Dave.  I use FSUIPC profiles extensively and the free version of SPAD doesn't let me connect to FSUIPC.  $25 seems like a lot if I only want the mode switch on my yoke to work so I can program conditional buttons in FSUIPC.  Hopefully Saitek will fix their drivers.   Funny thing is, if I run the Saitek yoke control panel while running FSX then the mode switch is detected, but as soon as I stop the control panel the mode switch is not detected.  I've been troubleshooting using FSUIPC log and console to watch the button presses.

[CPL]  I9-9900K @5.0GHz HT ON, Maximus XI Hero, ASUS TUF RTX4080 OC, 32GB DDR4 3200 14, 1TB NVMe SSD, 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 40" Samsung 4K TV, Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Logitech Rudder Pedals, WIN11

I think I have figured this out this is what works for me in windows10 - picture below is what I have found to be the final fix - which many do not know about I just got sick of my panels no working and dug deep

1. I downloaded from here http://www.saitek.com/uk/down/drivers.php     the driver for my multi panel which worked for radios also - downloaded 64bit version windows 8.1 / vista 64 even though I am windows 10 - does not matter

At the top of page click the blue blank window - choose proflight - select multi panel - 64bit version windows 8.1 / vista 64

File was called: Saitek_Pro_Flight_Panels_00000003_Software_pfw.exe

================================================================

2. Download Spad here http://fstools.weebly.com/download.html    pick the most current at the top of page - Current release v0.5.1

=================================================================

3.  Download USB Enhanced Power Manager Disabler      here   http://uraster.com/en-us/products/usbenhancedpowermanagerdisabler.aspx

4. Now even though I ran USB Enhanced Power Manager Disabler   ----   it didnt completely help me - this is what I figured out - I had to manually go into windows device manager and make these changes - not all needed it but some did - this is where I think the problem is see picture below - (In device manager expand Universal Serial Bus Controllers)  all of the generic and usb root hubs need to have allow the computer to turn off this device to save power needs to be UNCHECKED and MUST be done after all of the steps are done that I have highlighted above 

16gcwic.jpg

Recap: install the Saitek drivers - install SPAD - run Power Manger - reboot immediately - go to device manager and un-click save power - reboot - good to go - this works perfectly - only thing now for some reason spad is no starting with windows so I just manually launch it before entering flightsim

Oh one more important thing you MUST have FSIUPC or it will not work - not sure if free version works as mine is paid for

Rich Sennett

Thanks for the info Rich!

I have the paid FSUIPC4 and use it extensively for profile specific controls and buttons on my flight controls.  I don't have any Saitek panels, just the yoke, throttles and rudders (and a CH FighterStick for stick airplanes), so it doesn't seem like I'd get much from buying SPADNext and the freeware version of SPADNext doesn't seem to allow interface to FSUIPC.  The only problem I'm having is I can't use the Pro Flight Yoke mode switch, which isn't a big deal for me.

Happy Flying!

Thanks for the info Rich!

I have the paid FSUIPC4 and use it extensively for profile specific controls and buttons on my flight controls.  I don't have any Saitek panels, just the yoke, throttles and rudders (and a CH FighterStick for stick airplanes), so it doesn't seem like I'd get much from buying SPADNext and the freeware version of SPADNext doesn't seem to allow interface to FSUIPC.  The only problem I'm having is I can't use the Pro Flight Yoke mode switch, which isn't a big deal for me.

Happy Flying!

Your welcome Bruce - hopefully it can help out - it should  :wink:

Rich Sennett

I think I have figured this out this is what works for me in windows10 - picture below is what I have found to be the final fix - which many do not know about I just got sick of my panels no working and dug deep

1. I downloaded from here http://www.saitek.com/uk/down/drivers.php     the driver for my multi panel which worked for radios also - downloaded 64bit version windows 8.1 / vista 64 even though I am windows 10 - does not matter

At the top of page click the blue blank window - choose proflight - select multi panel - 64bit version windows 8.1 / vista 64

File was called: Saitek_Pro_Flight_Panels_00000003_Software_pfw.exe

================================================================

2. Download Spad here http://fstools.weebly.com/download.html    pick the most current at the top of page - Current release v0.5.1

3.  Download USB Enhanced Power Manager Disabler      here   http://uraster.com/en-us/products/usbenhancedpowermanagerdisabler.aspx

4. Now even though I ran USB Enhanced Power Manager Disabler   ----   it didnt completely help me - this is what I figured out - I had to manually go into windows device manager and make these changes - not all needed it but some did - this is where I think the problem is see picture below - (In device manager expand Universal Serial Bus Controllers)  all of the generic and usb root hubs need to have allow the computer to turn off this device to save power needs to be UNCHECKED and MUST be done after all of the steps are done that I have highlighted above 

16gcwic.jpg

Recap: install the Saitek drivers - install SPAD - run Power Manger - reboot immediately - go to device manager and un-click save power - reboot - good to go - this works perfectly - only thing now for some reason spad is no starting with windows so I just manually launch it before entering flightsim

Oh one more important thing you MUST have FSIUPC or it will not work - not sure if free version works as mine is paid for

Best set of instructions I have seen yet. Very well constructed and written.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Best set of instructions I have seen yet. Very well constructed and written.

Thanks Frank  :wink:

Did notice I forgot one thing as usual lol - when you click on The hubs - right mouse click on it and go down to properties to get to the hub properties menu - most know this but thought I would throw it out there

One more thing this was to get my panels working not the yoke or pedals - they work right out of the box - leads me to think its only for hardware that lights up needing more power 

Rich Sennett

Did notice I forgot one thing as usual lol - when you click on The hubs - right mouse click on it and go down to properties to get to the hub properties menu - most know this but thought I would throw it out there

Richard,

Another addendum.  It appears you do all of your connecting of controls to hubs?  If Saitek devices are plugged directly to the computer they may show up as "USB Input Device".  That is how they appear on my Windows 10 system.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Richard,

Another addendum.  It appears you do all of your connecting of controls to hubs?  If Saitek devices are plugged directly to the computer they may show up as "USB Input Device".  That is how they appear on my Windows 10 system.

Hi Frank not on my home pc - where are you seeing this - not seeing it on work pc ? thanks 

Ah I think you mean in the same area Universal Serial Bus Controllers  right ? if so I would not have known that as it does not show in my shot - thanks 

Rich Sennett

Now even though I ran USB Enhanced Power Manager Disabler   ----   it didnt completely help me - this is what I figured out - I had to manually go into windows device manager and make these changes - not all needed it but some did - this is where I think the problem is see picture below - (In device manager expand Universal Serial Bus Controllers)  all of the generic and usb root hubs need to have allow the computer to turn off this device to save power needs to be UNCHECKED and MUST be done after all of the steps are done that I have highlighted above 

Just to add,

This file   Codelegend APME fix for Saitek panels from the Codelegend site works without the need to change the settings in device manager.

Go to Codelegend.com scroll down to file, download and follow the included read_me, works as advertised.

Mick

Just to add,

This file   Codelegend APME fix for Saitek panels from the Codelegend site works without the need to change the settings in device manager.

Go to Codelegend.com scroll down to file, download and follow the included read_me, works as advertised.

Mick

Good point but not sure it works perfectly in windows 10 since USB Enhanced Power Manager Disabler did not - thanks 

Rich Sennett