Good point but not sure it works perfectly in windows 10 since USB Enhanced Power Manager Disabler did not - thanks 

Forgot to say I run Windows 10 so can verify it works.

The strange thing is my multi panel was working fine in win 10 but then failed completely ! not a Saitek fault but my own (the alt led failed and my attempt at a repair resulted in a new panel ! expensive lesson there)  however the replacement refused to display the screen hence my use of the codeledgend file.

Mick

Forgot to say I run Windows 10 so can verify it works.

The strange thing is my multi panel was working fine in win 10 but then failed completely ! not a Saitek fault but my own (the alt led failed and my attempt at a repair resulted in a new panel ! expensive lesson there)  however the replacement refused to display the screen hence my use of the codeledgend file.

Mick

I think somehow those power saving switches can get turned back on so if having a problem check them all to see if this has happened - all I can think of

Rich Sennett

Richard,

Here are two screenshots.  In the first I only have my Saitek pedals connected and accordingly you can see only the Saitek Pedals listed.  Note that at the end of the HID devices list are two items listed as "USB Input Device".  I do not have any Properties dialog box open in that first image.

In the second screen shot I have connected my Saitek Yoke and Saitek Multipanel and you can see that the Saitek Yoke now appears. Note also that the number of USB Input Devices at the end of the list has increased from two (2) to four (4).  Note that the Properties dialog box that is open is for the MadCatz Pro Flight Cessna Yoke.  The dialog box does not have a Power Management tab.

In the third screenshot the Properties dialog box that is open is for one of the two additional USB Device Inputs. Both of the newly appearing items do have Power Management available. One device is the yoke, including it's built in USB hub. The other device is a Saitek Multipanel.  If I unplug the yoke these two additional USB Input Devices disappear from the Device Manager list. These two USB Input Devices are not identified other than by Location.   The locations for these two items are:

Port_#0001  Hub_#0009

Port_#0004  Hub_#0009

In my setup the USB Saitek Multipanel is connected to the USB hub that is built into Saitek Pro Flight Cessna Yoke.  I then have the yoke connected to a powered USB 3.0 hub that sits on my desktop.  I have a Saitek Power Supply for the yoke but do not use it (read more below).

I used a different power management disable utility that the one you listed.  And as you wrote it took new drivers, the power management disable utility, and device appropriate deselection of Power Management in Device Manager to find complete success with my Saitek devices in Windows 10.

Additional note:  I was never previously able under either Windows 7 on my old system, or Windows 10 on my new system to plug my Saitek controls into any external USB hub, powered or not.  I was forced to plug them into ports directly on my computers.  I even purchased the Saitek power supply for the yoke and when I plugged the Multipanel into a USB port on the built-in hub of the now-powered yoke, the Multipanel display was more dim than without the power supply.  Very strange,but now I chalk that up to issues with Windows Advanced Power Management.  So now with Windows 10 specific drivers, application of the power management disabling utility, and the Control Panel Device Manager steps to disable power management for the devices, they all work great!

sAITEK_cONTROL_pANEL%20%282%29-XL.jpg

----------------------------------

sAITEK_cONTROL_pANEL%20%281%29-XL.jpg

----------------------------------

sAITEK_cONTROL_pANEL%20%283%29-XL.jpg

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Super Frank this will help many - thanks for posting pics - well done  :wink:

Rich Sennett

The power management disabler utility I used is named: 

USBEnhancedPowerManagementDisabler.exe

I found it as a zip file back in January as a link from the Spad.Next developer's site.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

The power management disabler utility I used is named: 

USBEnhancedPowerManagementDisabler.exe

I found it as a zip file back in January as a link from the Spad.Next developer's site.

Yes that the one I use I believe but got it from link I posted

Rich Sennett

I recently did a clean install of Windows 10 and after I plugged in all my controllers they were all recognized by the new OS.

I am not planning on installing any the Saitek drivers only if I need to but wanted to know what is recommended for the Radio Panel

and the Switch Panel. Should I install Saitek's plugins or should I only install Spad?

If Spad is fine which version are you guys using?

I also plan on using LINDA for the panels with FSUIPC paid version.

Pretty sure you do not need SPAD or Saitek drivers if using Linda.

See how you go with just Linda/FSUICP first.

gb.

• Upvote 1

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

I want to thank everybody for the great contribution on this thread. I have not had time to read all the suggestions due to an emergency in the family and not being home. 

Hopefully I can get back to my PC next week and I'll give some feedback on what I'll end up doing. 

Thanks a lot. 

Ed

I have two Saitek Throttle quadrants in my configuration. After re-installing Windows 10, the quadrants don't work anymore. I installed the Saitek drivers and the quadrants show up as an USB device, but any movement of the handles is not recognized. Of course I did the energy management trick (manually), but without success.

Any ideas?

Kind regards Arndt

Arndt Laube

P3Dv4.5 and P3Dv5

Brunner CLS-E Yoke & Rudder, 2x Logitech Throttle, several GoFlight modules

Intel i7 9700K, 16 GB RAM, Geforce 1080Ti, monitors 3840 x 2160 and 1360 x 768

I have several USB controllers (GoFlight modules, yoke, rudder, Saitek throttle quadrants) and Windows 10 as the operating system. Although doing the power management trick as described in the previous mails, I still had severe problems with my USB controllers. They have not been recognized by Windows 10 at all, or movements of the controllers have been been transmitted to P3D with a time lag or quite jerky.

Now I could solve these problems by changed settings in the bios of my Gigabyte GA-Z170X mainboard

• Legacy USB Support: Disabled
  • USB Mass Storage Driver Support: Disabled
  • TBT USB3.1 Force Power: Enabled. 

This might be a way for others too, who have problems with their USB controllers under Windows 10.

Best regards

Arndt

Arndt Laube

P3Dv4.5 and P3Dv5

Brunner CLS-E Yoke & Rudder, 2x Logitech Throttle, several GoFlight modules

Intel i7 9700K, 16 GB RAM, Geforce 1080Ti, monitors 3840 x 2160 and 1360 x 768

I have several USB controllers (GoFlight modules, yoke, rudder, Saitek throttle quadrants) and Windows 10 as the operating system. Although doing the power management trick as described in the previous mails, I still had severe problems with my USB controllers. They have not been recognized by Windows 10 at all, or movements of the controllers have been been transmitted to P3D with a time lag or quite jerky.

Now I could solve these problems by changed settings in the bios of my Gigabyte GA-Z170X mainboard

• Legacy USB Support: Disabled
  • USB Mass Storage Driver Support: Disabled
  • TBT USB3.1 Force Power: Enabled. 

This might be a way for others too, who have problems with their USB controllers under Windows 10.

Best regards

Arndt

Thanks for the info - look into that - not having any problems but cant hurt

Rich Sennett