Sign in to follow this  
WingZ

Real vs Sim

Thank you, everyone...

There's a light pole that has a wrong position in real world!
Quite right... next time I transit through OMDB I will mention to them they should rectify this issue   :smile:

Now now Jon, a disingenuous question  :wink:

But I'll bite: my decade-old 2.4GHz Core2Duo munches planes and good scenery like FlyTampa Dubai, at 30 fps.

The only real uphill I get is with ASE, usually in Russia in winter.

I have seen 6fps in one of those complicated weather stacks at Tolmachevo.

Quite excellent WingZ. Do the same in FSX or P3D with your computer and you would only have a slide show :-)

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

Well you know what they say: the more you practice, the luckier you get!

It's sometimes a little tricky to establish the point of view for the shot.

But in this and other truly great sceneries, the level of detail (given it's a FLIGHT sim) can be extraordinary.

So it was not too hard to figure out where the photographer stood.

Let me zoom back a pace and you will see what I mean...

pz9GR1.jpg

• Upvote 1

Can't vouch for FSDT KLAX as I believe it's a frame hog... it ate my Cloud9 Phantom too, and so I won't have anything more to do with them.

2.4GHz is plenty for FS9, FWIW I replaced the video card once: 

Number of monitors : 2

Monitor Type : Dell Computer DELL 1907FP

Monitor Type : Dell Computer DELL U3014

Video Card : NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250

AGEIA PhysX Processor : Yes

Current Display : 2560x1600 pixels at 60 Hz in True Colors (32-bit)

OpenGL : Yes

GDI Plus : Yes

I run WIN XPSP3, clean the registry from time to time, and run ACA2005 every time I update AI.

That's about it.

FRAPS will about halve the frame rate, and as mentioned, complicated weather can kill it.

Those are amazing. How do you get the AI traffic to park EXACTLY as they do in the photo? 

Sorry to bring up a old thread. Actually I'm not and don't care. :P

How on earth do you get 30fps at a payware airport with I'm guessing 100% traffic with only 2.4 GHz CPU?

I just tested on my 2nd machine I'm now using. A G3220 at 3.0ghz. With all AI textures reduced to 512x512 dxt1 at FSDT KLAX, 100% AI but not ga, in default cessane, on approach, 10 fps if I'm lucky. In the iFly 737, maybe 5 fps if I'm lucky.

How?

Clockspeed alone doesn't make a good processor. In my experience A 2.4GHz CPU running at a stable temperature is far better than say a 4Ghz CPU at it's absolute limit with a poor cooling system.

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

Those are amazing. How do you get the AI traffic to park EXACTLY as they do in the photo? 
I would have shown you in an image what aircraft did what, but apparently the forum rules preclude this.

Not to mention that the original has been removed, so would not make sense anyway!

I have started another thread at flightsim.com where the discussion may be permitted.