Sign in to follow this  
iamlmc

MyTraffic 6 quick question

One have to disable all *ICAO*.bgl files inside my traffic 6 folders of addon airports to avoid conflicts (e.g. AFX, AFCAD files and such)?

Thanks,

AK

Best regards, Luís

SYSTEM (build date july, 2023): Case: Lian Li Lancool III  |  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z790-E Gaming WIFI  CPU: Intel® Core™ i9-13900K Processor @ 6.0 GHZ  |  RAM: 128 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB @ 4800 MHZ  |  MVMe 1: 4 TB Crucial T700 PCIe Gen 5 MVMe 2: 4TB WD Black SN850X PCIe Gen 4 Cooler: Corsair iCue H150i Elite LCD XT | PSU: Corsair HX1500i | GPU: Asus ROG STRIX Gaming 4090 OC | Microsoft Windows 11 x64 Pro

One have to disable all *ICAO*.bgl files inside my traffic 6 folders of addon airports to avoid conflicts (e.g. AFCAD files and such)?

Thanks,

AK

I am curious also about this but with the ORBX traffic bgl's

Bob

One have to disable all *ICAO*.bgl files inside my traffic 6 folders of addon airports to avoid conflicts (e.g. AFX, AFCAD files and such)?

Thanks,

AK

I do. You're going to see conflicts if you don't. I just created an afcads folder in my My Traffic directory and move them there as needed.

NAX669.png

I am curious also about this but with the ORBX traffic bgl's

Bob

What Orbx products? I don't have regions and airports but have global, vector and LC EU and NA. The only *traffic*.bgl  files I see on my system are inside vector folders so if you use the tool or disable AEC conflicts manually you should be good... I think.

I do. You're going to see conflicts if you don't. I just created an afcads folder in my My Traffic directory and move them there as needed.

Thanks for the input.

Best regards, Luís

SYSTEM (build date july, 2023): Case: Lian Li Lancool III  |  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z790-E Gaming WIFI  CPU: Intel® Core™ i9-13900K Processor @ 6.0 GHZ  |  RAM: 128 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB @ 4800 MHZ  |  MVMe 1: 4 TB Crucial T700 PCIe Gen 5 MVMe 2: 4TB WD Black SN850X PCIe Gen 4 Cooler: Corsair iCue H150i Elite LCD XT | PSU: Corsair HX1500i | GPU: Asus ROG STRIX Gaming 4090 OC | Microsoft Windows 11 x64 Pro

What Orbx products? I don't have regions and airports but have global, vector and LC EU and NA. The only *traffic*.bgl  files I see on my system are inside vector folders so if you use the tool or disable AEC conflicts manually you should be good... I think.

Thanks for the input.

Northern Cal KMRY has a traffic bgl "Traffic_KMRY_Monterey.bgl" as an example. There are others including different regions

like PNW. PNW has one for almost every custom orbx airport.

Bob

With airport files, it's best to remove conflicting airport files from your MyT6 scenery folder so they don't conflict with other airport addon's (including ORBX FTX regions etc) as well as afcads or ade files. The airport files included in MyT are often no where near as detailed as many addon afcads or ADE files such as those by Ray Smith etc.

With other traffic files, it's up to you. The MyT GA traffic is pretty generic so keeping any other traffic files such as those included with various ORBX products won't cause any harm.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

How stable is MyTraffic6?  What's the framerate hit with reasonable (subjective) settings.  (I had another product that would crash the sim...the biggest no-no ever.)

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

How stable is MyTraffic6?  What's the framerate hit with reasonable (subjective) settings.  (I had another product that would crash the sim...the biggest no-no ever.)

Hey Gregg,

I use MT6, keeping the traffic percentage for airliners at around 30%, GA aircraft at about 20%, airport vehicles at low.  I see and experience no issues.  I like MT6 because it is a stable option for just having AI traffic.  I haven't got to the stage yet of re-enacting live flights or utilizing vatsim-type scenarios in real time so MT6 is sufficient to my own wants and needs.

-Jim

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

I use MT6, keeping the traffic percentage for airliners at around 30%, GA aircraft at about 20%, airport vehicles at low. I see and experience no issues. I like MT6 because it is a stable option for just having AI traffic. I haven't got to the stage yet of re-enacting live flights or utilizing vatsim-type scenarios in real time so MT6 is sufficient to my own wants and needs.

-Jim

Thanks Jim.  Do you have to use ATC with it?  I get very frustrated with default ATC and most ATC addons.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."

Thanks Jim.  Do you have to use ATC with it?  I get very frustrated with default ATC and most ATC addons.

Gregg,

I haven't had the need for ATC, and if you use them generally for guidance to a taxi departure arrival, I typically have all of that planned in the FMC via PFPX.  If you plan with something else, that's cool but I generally don't use ATC.  I asctually haven't had the need to use ATC for a very long time, due to the reasons you gave. Built-in ATC can be annoying, imo.  Fortunately, all of my recent flights never conflicted with other AI flights, either on departure or arrival.

-Jim

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Just to make sure I don't misunderstand: I have all ~100 ORBX airports, add the global freeware airports + those enhanced in the regions, and another maybe 50 from other makers. Thus I'll have to lookup all their ICAO bgls under

MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic\Scenery

even if they are layered above the MyTraffic entry in the scenery.cfg...?

Thanks and kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

even if they are layered above the MyTraffic entry in the scenery.cfg...?

You may find that even layered above the MyT entry in the scenery.cfg that all works well, but personally I would remove any conflicting afcads just as a matter of principle to avoid issues.

The MyT afcads are bare improvements over default as it is,

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Thanks Dave, ... quite a bit of work indeed.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

I haven't had the need for ATC, and if you use them generally for guidance to a taxi departure arrival, I typically have all of that planned in the FMC via PFPX. If you plan with something else, that's cool but I generally don't use ATC. I asctually haven't had the need to use ATC for a very long time, due to the reasons you gave. Built-in ATC can be annoying, imo. Fortunately, all of my recent flights never conflicted with other AI flights, either on departure or arrival.

-Jim

Thanks Jim.  I'll have to consider getting it.  Be nice to have some traffic to fly with on a consistent basis.

Gregg Seipp

Thanks Jim.  I'll have to consider getting it.  Be nice to have some traffic to fly with on a consistent basis.

I haven't scrutinized or nitpicked over the details of the content in MT6.  As I said before, I just wanted AI traffic that mimicked real life.  It gets boring seeing Orbit Airlines and the like, on the tarmacs all the time.  Seeing the big names like Lufthansa and British Airways just helps add to the immersion.  I personally don't care where they are going or coming from...I don't know, maybe I'm just weird.  My main concern is piloting the aircraft I'm in, right? lol

-Jim