Sign in to follow this  
iamlmc

MyTraffic 6 quick question

Because I only fly from/into payware- and advanced freeware-airports, I have completey removed all scenery related bgl files from the MT6 scenery folder. Only traffic-relevant bgl files have been left in this folder. I never realized any problems.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

Thanks Jim.  Do you have to use ATC with it?  I get very frustrated with default ATC and most ATC addons.

Hey Gregg,  I use Pro ATC X with My Traffic 6 and P3D v3.2.  It works really well, i'm very happy with it.  just my two cents !

Hey Gregg,  I use Pro ATC X with My Traffic 6 and P3D v3.2.  It works really well, i'm very happy with it.  just my two cents !

I have the same setup as you, and couldn't be happier. It just works, every flight. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I keep MyTraffic6 located in my scenery.cfg all the way down to where the default scenery files start (just above Bathymetry).  That way, any AFCAD above it would be used.  It's my understanding MyTraffic needs AFCADS so the AI can takeoff and land based on the AFCAD.  So, if you removed an AFCAD from MyTraffic6, and you disabled all of your Orbx scenery, you may have removed an airport that an AI aircraft cannot find and the AI cannot follow a flightplan properly.  I have disabled all of my FSDT/FlightBeam airports in MyTraffic\Scenery but that's it.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hey Gregg, I use Pro ATC X with My Traffic 6 and P3D v3.2. It works really well, i'm very happy with it. just my two cents !

What traffic level do you use and what's the framerate cost?

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

I keep MyTraffic6 located in my scenery.cfg all the way down to where the default scenery files start (just above Bathymetry).  That way, any AFCAD above it would be used.  It's my understanding MyTraffic needs AFCADS so the AI can takeoff and land based on the AFCAD.  So, if you removed an AFCAD from MyTraffic6, and you disabled all of your Orbx scenery, you may have removed an airport that an AI aircraft cannot find and the AI cannot follow a flightplan properly.  I have disabled all of my FSDT/FlightBeam airports in MyTraffic\Scenery but that's it.

Best regards,

Excellent idea! Now that's using your noggin. I was going to look at those folders tomorrow and start the disabling process. I am assuming you have not had any issues?

Thanks

Bob

The MyTraffic afcads are mildly modified default afcads. For sure they are better than the stock airports, but not by much and not if you have any other addon airport scenery.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

What traffic level do you use and what's the framerate cost?

I use traffic levels between 20 & 30, closer to 20 though.  I don't notice any huge fps loss, you will get some, but nothing show stopping. I honestly haven't measured the exact frame rate hit, but for me it's negligible.

I also use freeware 'AirTrafficManager' to optimize traffic to however many simultaneous aircraft you want (i set between 75 &100) which will help with your frame rates, adjust it to what your hardware can handle.

*On a side Note, i always have to disable military aircraft in MT6 or my sim crashes almost every flight at random times.

I use traffic levels between 20 & 30, closer to 20 though. I don't notice any huge fps loss, you will get some, but nothing show stopping. I honestly haven't measured the exact frame rate hit, but for me it's negligible.

I also use freeware 'AirTrafficManager' to optimize traffic to however many simultaneous aircraft you want (i set between 75 &100) which will help with your frame rates, adjust it to what your hardware can handle.

*On a side Note, i always have to disable military aircraft in MT6 or my sim crashes almost every flight at random times.

Not bad.  Good to know about the crashes.  Apps that cause consistent crashes that can't be remedied don't last long at all on my sim.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."

Excellent idea! Now that's using your noggin. I was going to look at those folders tomorrow and start the disabling process. I am assuming you have not had any issues?

Thanks

Bob

I had problems with MyTrafficX v5.4c as it was a known cause of crashes but with MyTraffic6, I have yet to see a crash. (and I have my military.bgl enabled).

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I had problems with MyTrafficX v5.4c as it was a known cause of crashes but with MyTraffic6, I have yet to see a crash. (and I have my military.bgl enabled).

Best regards,

Yeah, it kind of bums me out, i'd like to have it enabled.  I read on a post on their site about trying this and the crashes went away.  Maybe it's conflicting with another one of my addons, I never really pursued it more after it resolved the crashing.

Not bad.  Good to know about the crashes.  Apps that cause consistent crashes that can't be remedied don't last long at all on my sim.

It's not a huge deal, just rename the military bgl file and problem solved for good.  You may not even experience this issue, as Jim does not, just something to point your finger at if you start to get crashes after using it.

Yeah, it kind of bums me out, i'd like to have it enabled. I read on a post on their site about trying this and the crashes went away. Maybe it's conflicting with another one of my addons, I never really pursued it more after it resolved the crashing.

Just turn the settings down to around 30% (that's my setting).  I have never had any problems with this program and I have tons of addons.  One of the reasons for having MyTrafficX or 6 is the fact they have military AI.  It would be disappointing if you cannot use the full potential of your program.  What I don't understand is why some have massive problems with a program like this and and hundreds (maybe thousands) more have no issues like me.  I get crashes sometimes but not involving this program.  I just shutdown my computer, restart it and start up P3D or FSX and the problem never returns.  I guess I'm lucky...

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM

Just turn the settings down to around 30% (that's my setting).  I have never had any problems with this program and I have tons of addons.  One of the reasons for having MyTrafficX or 6 is the fact they have military AI.  It would be disappointing if you cannot use the full potential of your program.  What I don't understand is why some have massive problems with a program like this and and hundreds (maybe thousands) more have no issues like me.  I get crashes sometimes but not involving this program.  I just shutdown my computer, restart it and start up P3D or FSX and the problem never returns.  I guess I'm lucky...

Best regards,

From what I have read, the military AI crashes according to a discussion on the My Traffic forum cause some users to have crashes, especially after the recent update a few months ago. Disabling the military crashes, solved the P3D crash problem  for me, and I started getting a crash about every 5 flights or so after the recent update, none before. I haven't had a single crash since I disabled the military AI. I suspect that one of the military AI aircraft files is corrupt, and when that aircraft is called on in the schedule, a crash happens. I don't really care about the military aircraft so it doesn't bother me at all not seeing them. 

• Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

How do you keep it from crashing?  I downloaded the latest but I get crashes.

Gregg Seipp

How do you keep it from crashing?  I downloaded the latest but I get crashes.

rename the file MyTraffic\scenery\MyTrafficmil.bgl to MyTrafficmil.bgl.passive for the time being, and see if it stops the crashes. It has for many people. 

• Upvote 1