Sign in to follow this  
Panxua1

TBM850 v2 - Autopilot non functionning

I have installed today the new version of the TBM 850

Although the former version was working perfectly well with its AP, it is impossible to actuate it in the new version.

When passing the mouse on the various keys (hdg, nav, AP, FD etc...) the marker is not modified, and clicking or double clicking does not give any result.

If it is indeed possible to move the various knobs, either heading knob or course knob, this does not induce any modification in the heading or course indicators on the PFD.

Altitude remains on 0000 without any possibililty to move.

Anybody has experimented the same problems? AFCS unit seems not functionning.

Yes, precisely my issue in another post.  The AP is totally unworkable.

Stew

"Different dog, different fleas"

Guys

Open tickets in Carenado Support. (The more the better chances of getting this and other bugs fixed by them)

Will they accept a support ticket if I didn't buy the TBM directly from them, but from PC Aviator?

Stew

I can get the autopilot working (see below, hope it helps) except for one thing, the Yaw Damper.

It is ON by default, and clicking the button for it does not turn it off, even if the autopilot is off.

**They went with dynamic mouse wheel buttons for the MFD and PFD. Try using mouse wheel on the VC PFD and MFD buttons?

And if you do shift-2 and shift-3 to get the 2D versions for use on another window, those won't turn the buttons unless you click the same button in the VC window. Annoying, but can deal with it.

Will they accept a support ticket if I didn't buy the TBM directly from them

Yes they will, i bought my CJ2 from SImmarket and provided a copy of my invoice attached to the ticket, they replied within an hour and my problem was solved.

tpewpb-6.png

Yes they will, i bought my CJ2 from SImmarket and provided a copy of my invoice attached to the ticket, they replied within an hour and my problem was solved.

Thanks, Rick. Will do.

Stew

The reply to my support ticket was duly answered within the hour.

The answer is that it is necessary to uninstall version 1 properly before installing V2.

The uninstall program is located at FSX root folder.

Once it is done, you have to reinstall V2.

I did it this morning successfully.

It remains that the AP is functionning differently, and that, for example, I did not find the solution to tune altitude per hundred of feet. Only per thousand.

To be continued!

For the hundreds  of feet use shift 4 for the auto pilot.Click on the altitude button in the centre for  the thousand and the bottom for the hundred.

Mine works fine on the VC as well.Once the yaw damper is on,you cannot disengage it.Also the batterie shows 28volts but always 0 amps.

if you do shift 1 you will get the pop up PFD and it will switch off the copilot PFD.

AlainV

The reply to my support ticket was duly answered within the hour.

The answer is that it is necessary to uninstall version 1 properly before installing V2.

The uninstall program is located at FSX root folder.

Once it is done, you have to reinstall V2.

I did it this morning successfully.

It remains that the AP is functionning differently, and that, for example, I did not find the solution to tune altitude per hundred of feet. Only per thousand.

To be continued!

I used the Control Panel to uninstall version 1.  Shouldn't that have worked just as well?

For the hundreds  of feet use shift 4 for the auto pilot.Click on the altitude button in the centre for  the thousand and the bottom for the hundred.

Mine works fine on the VC as well.Once the yaw damper is on,you cannot disengage it.Also the batterie shows 28volts but always 0 amps.

if you do shift 1 you will get the pop up PFD and it will switch off the copilot PFD.

AlainV

Alain,  For some reason this doesn't work for me.  I have no control over the altitude bug in the pfd.  The knob just spins around with no effect on the altitude bug.

Stew

Sounds like plan.  I thought I had uninstalled all of V1, but perhaps not.  The plane flies fine in V2, just this altitude bug problem.

Edit to add:  Alain, your idea was a good one.  I completely uninstalled V2, found a couple of entries that had not been deleted, cleaned the registry and re-installed V2.  All is working normally now, including the altitude bug, both by increasing/decreasing by 1000s or by 100s (left clicking or right clicking on the altitude knob).  So thank you for your suggestions.

Stew

Once the yaw damper is on,you cannot disengage it.

For those still fighting it.... after a little more research in the FSX controls..... CTRL-D will disengage the Yaw Damper, although it does not extinguish the light next to its button on the AP.