Sign in to follow this  
Panxua1

TBM850 v2 - Autopilot non functionning

Glad it's ok now.I noticed another thing.On the pilot PFD top left hand corner,the speed indicator in blue has the arrow showing the wrong way.

Also it is not working too well unless I put the ani ice on.Anybody noticed it?

AlainV

Glad it's ok now.I noticed another thing.On the pilot PFD top left hand corner,the speed indicator in blue has the arrow showing the wrong way.

Also it is not working too well unless I put the ani ice on.Anybody noticed it?

AlainV

Yes, I've noticed this also. In fact, I don't think the indicator should remain at 0000 either.

Stew

"Different dog, different fleas"

Further test this morning.

The altitude knob functions indeed two ways. A first click on the right button of the mouse, and activating the wheel makes hundred of feet steps, another click with the right button, and you are making thousand of feet steps wihile activating the wheel.

Further test this morning.

The altitude knob functions indeed two ways. A first click on the right button of the mouse, and activating the wheel makes hundred of feet steps, another click with the right button, and you are making thousand of feet steps wihile activating the wheel.

That's correct.  It works as advertised.

Stew

Further testing this afternoon.

In particular, the VS setting of the autopilot, when aiming at a targeted preset altitude.

The VS button, which illuminated when actuated in V1, doesn't do it anymore...

But! It is actually functionning.

The AP mode is announced on top of the PFD; And when actuated, the VS setting is announced on the PFD. Some new indication in V2 : the rate of vertical speed is now mentionned in the announcement. You have to check if the target altitude is also announced in white letters.

Another thing I am not sure was already existing in V1 : by right clicking in the HDG knob, you change the targeted heading by increments of either ten or one degree.

I'm not sure about the VS setting either and how it works specifically.  I've managed through trial and error to get it to work, but I'm still not sure about it.  More "fiddling" necessary, I'm afraid.

Stew

I beleive the VS works with the FLC to maintain a constant speed ( equivalent of CTRL T) and the speed will show up on the top left hand corner of the PFD in blue:I haven't got the combination right yet.

AlainV

From what I could see, the SPD button which allowed to keep a determined speed while descending is now switching between IAS and mach speed.

Seems like quite a few new issues were introduced with v2. I've also struggled with the autopilot and trying to make it climb to a target altitude and then level off. I think it's made more confusing because some of the buttons no longer light up on the AP itself so it's not as obvious what mode you're in.

Also of course it's impossible to toggle the yaw damper using the button.

Do Carenado perform any beta testing at all? Any news on a v2.1 patch?

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

I've found that you first set the altitude in the pfd by rotating that altitude knob.  Then, once you are in climb out and roughly on course, hit AP and then NAV, then press VS and scroll the "wheel" on the right-hand side until you reach the vertical speed you want (by looking at the vs indicator on the pfd), then you're set.  At least this is how I remember doing it.  It was a trial and error routine, however, but I think I finally got it to work correctly.  As usual, Carenado's documentation leaves something to be desired.  But I enjoy flying the TBM on medium distance flights, so I had plenty of time to mess with the vs setting.  Btw, if the Nav setting leaves you trying to track a VOR, cycle the CDI button until it comes back to GPS.  Then you should be tracking your GPS course, rather than a VOR, unless you want to track a VOR frequency tuned on your NAV1 receiver.

Stew

At the time of checklist before taxiing, you set data in your autopilot.

First, heading of the takeoff runway with the HDG knob.

Above the pitch angle scale of your PFD, the green indication "HDG" will show.

Second, you press the ALT toggle, and the altitude shown on top of the right column of PFD will be the one of the airport. With the ALT knob, you set your first flight altitude or level, and the desired altitude will show on top of the right column of PFD.

Above the pitch angle scale of your PFD, the green indication "PIT" will show.

Then you set your VS. Press the VS toggle.

The "PIT" indication disappears, and you get instead, in green letters: "VS 0FPM", followed by the information in white letters: "ALTS".

Then with the wheel DN - UP just on the right of the VS toggle, you set your desired vertical speed. Note that the wheel course is just opposite of the indication. To increase VS rate, you turn the (mouse wheel) AP wheel to DN, or to UP if you wish to decrease the VS rate.

When taking off, once gear up and flaps up, you just press the AP toggle (I have set one dedicated button on my yoke) and that's it!

At the time of checklist before taxiing, you set data in your autopilot.

First, heading of the takeoff runway with the HDG knob.

Above the pitch angle scale of your PFD, the green indication "HDG" will show.

Second, you press the ALT toggle, and the altitude shown on top of the right column of PFD will be the one of the airport. With the ALT knob, you set your first flight altitude or level, and the desired altitude will show on top of the right column of PFD.

Above the pitch angle scale of your PFD, the green indication "PIT" will show.

Then you set your VS. Press the VS toggle.

The "PIT" indication disappears, and you get instead, in green letters: "VS 0FPM", followed by the information in white letters: "ALTS".

Then with the wheel DN - UP just on the right of the VS toggle, you set your desired vertical speed. Note that the wheel course is just opposite of the indication. To increase VS rate, you turn the (mouse wheel) AP wheel to DN, or to UP if you wish to decrease the VS rate.

When taking off, once gear up and flaps up, you just press the AP toggle (I have set one dedicated button on my yoke) and that's it!

Thank you, sir.  This is good advice and perhaps more efficient than my method.

Cheers!

Stew

I don't believe v1 of the TBM 850 has anything to do with it. I just bought the TBM 850 v2 for the first time today, having never owned v1. I installed it fresh in P3D 2.5, and nothing on the AP panel works.

Fairly certain Carenado has some work to do......

2ic1x7d.jpg

@Captain Z,

Hi,

I don't know about P3D. When I experimented the same problem with FSX, I uninstalled V1 and also V2. When reinstalling V2, autopilot was functionning, even with slight bugs. I guess you should give it a try...

I don't believe v1 of the TBM 850 has anything to do with it. I just bought the TBM 850 v2 for the first time today, having never owned v1. I installed it fresh in P3D 2.5, and nothing on the AP panel works.

Fairly certain Carenado has some work to do......

I have a clean install of v2 as well in P3D 3.2. The auto pilot does function, but it's a bit unpredictable and quirky. I would file a bug report but I'm not entirely sure how it's meant to function.

It should be noted I had no problems with the AP in the Carenado PC12, so there's definitely something funny going on with the TBM.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP