Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

FS9 EVO2015/16 "Wanna talk about clouds?" :)

Just checking out Sascha's new texture updates, and color blendings for U.T. 

Out of Myrtle Beach KMYR

Clouds?   Oh yeah...

Untitled.png

Untitled.png

Untitled.png

BTW Sascha....I can't remember EVER FS9 even coming close to looking as good with the new blended and tweaked texture updates from April 3/2016...Wow, is an understatement!  Thank you...and looking very forward to Spring Season completion and release!!!!!  Truly, FS9 is an FSX front door crasher....ground textures and such are superb!

Shot taken at 15,000 feet

Untitled.png

Ses

There's a really nice Myrtle Beach airport by the Airport Guys.  Pretty well done except for no static airplanes. 

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Thank you Mitch! I'm collecting some hotfixes just now based on feedback for the updates, plus another couple of colour optimized textures which I did while working on the spring textures.

By the way, in your last screenshot there are a number of scattered bright patches, lloks like a missing texture?

Sascha

There's a really nice Myrtle Beach airport by the Airport Guys.  Pretty well done except for no static airplanes. 

Thank you very much, Gregg, for the HU's...and I now have it installed in all my sims.  It looks GREAT!  This is one of my favorite destinations...thanks again!  I had no idea this was out there...:)))))))

Mitch

Thank you Mitch! I'm collecting some hotfixes just now based on feedback for the updates, plus another couple of colour optimized textures which I did while working on the spring textures.

By the way, in your last screenshot there are a number of scattered bright patches, lloks like a missing texture?

Sascha

If there is...I don't know why...everything in all the folders were grabbed and placed within FS9. 

Thank you very much, Gregg, for the HU's...and I now have it installed in all my sims. It looks GREAT! This is one of my favorite destinations...thanks again! I had no idea this was out there...:)))))))

Mitch

I worked there for years...too long...and I usually visit once a year.  It's pretty accurate.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

I worked there for years...too long...and I usually visit once a year.  It's pretty accurate.

It looks great...really great.  I just have one issue...airport lights in DX10 within FSX.  In DX9, no prob.  Both my P3D v2.4 and P3D 3.2.3 work really well. It really brings alive the airport, and the surrounding city.  They did a great job..and for less than $30.00...it's a deal!  Especially if you vacation there, as we do. 

Cheers,

Post Edit.  This has put me onto the idea now..of just going to the store...and placing my favorite haunts into the search mask.  I always think of ORBX, but never thought to see if anybody else had a premium creation. Duh....duh....and duh...

Who knows what surprises I will come up with....

Ses

Beautiful screens! And Sascha: you never cease to amaze with your ongoing efforts!

There's a really nice Myrtle Beach airport by the Airport Guys
Is that for FS9 also?

Beautiful screens! And Sascha: you never cease to amaze with your ongoing efforts!

Is that for FS9 also?

Nope...I thought that was what Gregg was referring to.  It is for FSX and P3D.  There is one problem though...the installer is missing this file:

fx_2_fsc.bmp, and so in DX10 mode, you will see red squares around the tops of the on-field navigation towers, as well as at the top of the airport light standards.  I have emailed the two developers, and have asked for them to send me the missing texture, and that they should re-do their install app, and upload it to all their distrib chains.  The airport is really nice...in FSX and P3D...I have it installed without a hitch as well, in P3D v3.2.3  

When they send me this one missing file, it will be perrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrfect!

Mitch

...and their download batch installer is missing a texture file that FSX looks for, and can't find when loading.

fx_2_fsc.bmp

Gregg, you're missing it too...and you need to email them and get them to send you this one file. You then place it in either the Texture Folder, or the Effects Folder...I'm sure they will tell me which location.  It was an oversight when they packaged up the installer....  It won't show if you are running DX9, or P3D, for they ignore the omission, but you don't get the effect that the airport is wishing to load in....

In DX10, you see the missing textures as red boxes atop the navigation beacon on-field towers and atop the field light pole standards, where a red glow should be, I imagine, by the pictures on their website.

Looks great.To bad not for FS9

nebojsa

Looks great.To bad not for FS9

nebojsa

I know...that sucks...but...but...you should see the special effects...the approach lighting and PAPI is worth the price alone!   The glow, isn't static...it appears as in real life, on the approach.  The airport in FSX and P3D rocks!

If they had an FS9 version...I'd buy that straight away, too.  The Airport Guys, (the two of them...) are really good at this craft....