Sign in to follow this  
jt_williams

Oregon Portland, Cascades, & Coast

Oregon Portland, Cascades, & Coast

Starting from Goheen (W52) located just north of Portland, the route proceeds to the point where the Willamette joins the Columbia, then follows the Willamette for a tour of Portland’s bridges (over or under – pilots choice).  Participants will regroup and recover at Starks Twin Oaks (7S3).  From Starks we proceed IFR (I Follow Roads) south following Interstate 5 [i-5] to Salem where we turn east following the Santiam Highway [OR22] past Mill City and Detroit Lake towards Mount Jefferson.  At waypoint WALDO we adjust course slightly to the south and pass Mt Jefferson on our left wing to our next landing at Sisters Eagle Air (6K5). Departing Sisters we will follow the Old McKenzie Highway [OR242] across McKenzie Pass with excellent views of Mt Washington on the right and the Sisters peaks on the left. We continue to follow the McKenzie Highway [OR126] to Eugene and then follow I-5 down to our next landing at Hobby (77S).  We continue to follow I-5 south 44nm to Roseburg (KRBG).  The road route to our next stop follows Coos Bay Roseburg Highway [OR42] turning south at Coquille to follow the Coquille – Bandon Highway [425] to Bandon State (S05).  The final 63nm leg follows scenic highway US101 south through the rugged Oregon Pacific Coast, passing Cape Blanco, Port Orford, Gold Beach, and finishes at Brookings State (KBOK).

The route is 384nm and aircraft capable of cruise speed of 200+ knts is planned. The Lancair Legacy is a good choice, but as always you are free to fly what you like.

Portland.jpg

The FSX / Plan-G flight is here.

Recommended scenery:

Orbx FTX Pacific Northwest

Orbx FTX Northern California

Date and time: Saturday 23 April 2016, 1800 UTC

(NOTE: New UTC start time during Daylight Savings Time Period) http://time.is/UTC

Where: AVSIM RTWR Teamspeak - Casual Flights Channel

Teamspeak Server Address: ts.teamavsim.com

Multiplayer: FSX Multiplayer (IP will be provided on Teamspeak)

If you want to help others enjoy the multiplayer experience, don't forget to enter your aircraft details on the multiplayer spreadsheet! (linked here)

Note to Ron, Set server time to 23:15 UTC, 16:15 Local

• Upvote 1

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

Looking forward to this. I'll have to concede on the Legacy issue. Can't bear to look at all those stationary props! :smile:

16:15 local it is.

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Hello fellows.  A little off topic but I know you guys have good setups so would like some recommendations if possible.

I have completed my reinstall of FSX with all the Orbx suite of payware and freeware in my new gaming PC.  A mindboggling and time consuming task.  I will say I am finally getting the most amazing flight sim experience ever!

I have yet to add the myriad other addons that I so love.

I posted in the FSX forum in general but would like to get some advice or recommendations on which weather engine to use or that you fellows use?

I just bough REX4 with Soft Clouds on the REX sale and I already have REX Essentials + OD.

I see that they can be used in combination, kinka awkwardly it seems.

cheers

Bryan

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Oh dear! Here we go. OpusFSI for real weather. :good: ASN for super effects. :spiteful::P 

There now follows a torrent of abuse. :help:

Oh dear! Here we go. OpusFSI for real weather. :good: ASN for super effects. :spiteful::P

There now follows a torrent of abuse. :help:

Hey Ron.  Not sure I understand.

ASN has its own textures, right and then Opus is the weather engine?  Which means that my REX collects dust?

Near CAM3

The old Active sky had textures but they dropped that idea with ASN. Your REX is safe. Are you flying with us on Saturday? If so, all will be revealed and a 'lively debate' will ensue. :smile:

The old Active sky had textures but they dropped that idea with ASN. Your REX is safe. Are you flying with us on Saturday? If so, all will be revealed and a 'lively debate' will ensue. :smile:

I don't know yet Ron.  I can barely breath in my small and overly cluttered office. I still have my old computer hooked up, two computers, three monitors, boxes everywhere, its a dogs breakfast.  It's possible, I would love to give the new rig a workout.

I'm still working away at all the installs which will obviously take me many more weeks given the load of stuff I want to run. So slow and steady will do it I think.

I have to spend some time now to hook up my printer, scanner and all my movie and photo rendering software and link it to my massive data storage infrastructure.,..and then there is the rest of life, golf, mowing lawns, yard projects, visiting with my grandkids.

Near CAM3