Sign in to follow this  
RocketDuck

PMDG DC-6 360 Cockpit view video released

L@@king Good!!! :smile: 

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

Future customers also must belong to facebook fan club ?

Like it or not, Facebook is the 21st Century means of communication. Its fast, instant, personal and does not require constant updates to a website. I get my updates and information from many of Facebook's "fan clubs"

Jason E Row

Follow me on Youtube https://www.youtube.com/user/JasonRowPhotography

Holy Crap,

I think I am going into X-Plane addon overdose lol

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

Like it or not, Facebook is the 21st Century means of communication. Its fast, instant, personal and does not require constant updates to a website. I get my updates and information from many of Facebook's "fan clubs"

Facebook the means of communication..? Uhm ok sure...

Facebook the means of communication..? Uhm ok sure...

And yet, PMDG posted this update, amongst many others on Facebook first. Indeed much of the most up to date flight sim news arrives on Facebook before forums, if it gets posted to forums at all. My own Facebook flight sim group counts amongst it's members, some of the top X-Plane payware developers, all of whom contribute directly with the community.

Jason E Row

Follow me on Youtube https://www.youtube.com/user/JasonRowPhotography

I think quite many guys here are 40+, and they do not have account and don't care about Facebook, or similar social portals.

Just my opinion.

• Upvote 1

Artur 

Artur

i am deeply offended by your comment. I am 62 yrs old I have a facebook account, twitter feed, Instagram and a youtube channel. My Facebook group is one of the premier facebook groups dedicated to Xplane and my Youtube channel continues to grow with new subs each day. I use Periscope and Whats app. Your Comment suggests that over 40s are not tech savvy and have no interest in the multimedia experience. 

For those who do not embrace the world of multimedia I'm sorry to say but you are luddites, on the other hand any technology sufficiently advanced enough for others not to understand it,  might consider it to be nothing more than magic.

Wycliffe Barrett

www.facebook.com/groups/xpdedicated

www.youtube.com/wycliffeb

@wycliffe

Thats about as much as you get

• Upvote 2

I don't have a facebook account and I could care less if everybody posts in facebook first rather then here and so Artur does have a valid point. By the way I'm 55 and I'm not offended by Artur's comments.

....and back to the subject....seems like May is going to be a busy month, IXEG (April), x737 and hopefully PDGM and 10.50b...Can't wait!!!

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

Sorry guys but you are missing the point, Facebook is  valid method of communication whether it be to a like minded community or distant family members. It's immediate and accessible. To dismiss it out of hand is narrow minded and blinkered in my humble opinion. Further to suggest people of a certain age have no interest in social media is offensive.

• Upvote 2

I wouldn't dismiss Facebook out of hand, I know it's valuable for many people. But I think it's valid to point out that any company that assumes "everyone" is on Facebook is intentionally missing what might be a significant part of their potential audience. It's lazy marketing, that assumes a ripple effect where people who see it on Facebook will then distribute the information on other forums like this one.

There are many people not using Facebook for various reasons, and not just because they're older or technology averse. There are privacy concerns for some (like me), and also the fact that many younger folks don't want to use the social media platform of their parents. Or their grandparents.  :smile:

Anyway, it's up to every company to decide how they advertise. It's just more of a gamble that they'll reach someone like me, who chooses to avoid Facebook like the plague, by means of the ripple-down effect. At least Facebook is now better than it used to be in allowing non-Facebook users to view content. I didn't have any trouble seeing the panorama. It's a bit dark though... they should do another one at dusk, with cabin lighting on.

• Upvote 2

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

What does any of this have to with PMDG's DC6?  :wink:

Can we stay on topic please. If you want to discuss the delights of Facebook then please start a topic in the hangar chat area

• Upvote 2

The DC6 looks like its going to be a tour de force for PMDG, but I have to admit I do feel quite ambivalent about the plane itself. I think this is because I am not a fan of the old turbos, I suspect I will get it as Iwill probably do a review, I just cant get excited about it.

Wycliffe