Sign in to follow this  
Joseph29

A odd FS9 problem

I have scenery for Leuchars (EGQL) that I got on flightsim (rafleu.zip). The scenery works fine (and looks good too), the odd problem is when I exit the sim and I am back at the desktop a error message will pop up saying there was a problem and the sim must be shut down. This happens only in the area of Leuchars (I could be at Glasgow and it would happen there too). When I delete the Leuchars sceney it doesn't happen.

I guess it's not a big problem because I am done flight simming and I already exited FS9, but if I could I would like to stop it from happening. What could be causing this?

This could be a texture problem or even a rogue .bgl file.  Reinstall EGQL and temporarily move some, but not all, textures to a temporary folder on your PC.  Now see if this fixes the problem.  If it doesn't then those textures are OK so move them back and try another bunch of textures.  If all your textures are OK then try the same with the .bgl files.  I am assuming that the download only installs the scenery and texture folders and nothing to anywhere else - can't check this myself as I see the download is a .exe file.

Dijvid

Yes the download is a exe file, but you can install it to a dummy folder then move the files to where they need to go. That's what I did.

And there is one file that goes in the Addon Scenery\Scenery folder (UKSD_LL.bgl) and 24 texture files that go in the world\texture folder. They are for the seasonal ground textures.