Sign in to follow this  
Zikous82

FPS Issues

Hi,

I would like to switch from FSX:SE to X-Plane - I've bought A330 from Jar Design (big dissapointment), B767 from FlightFactor (great), Skymaxx, and few other addons. Now I'm in a phase of FPS tuning in display settings. I started from lowes possible setting and went up to situation I like (but still no shadows and HDR). I have i5 (4.4 GHz and GTX 660 with 3GB RAM). Result is 20 FPS in B767, but if I lower the resolution in the display settings my FPS will go up to 70. Then I change resolution back to 1920x1080 and FPS will stay at 70.

Is it normal? Sometimes it drop back to 20 and I have to repeat the trick. Now I know that my system can give me pretty fluiid sim, but how to fix this?

Thanks for advice

Milan Zikmund

Hi There,

Welcome to the world of X-Plane,

Can you share a screenshot of your rendering settings & SkyMaxx settings so others can also offer some advice. Are you using any HDMesh?

X-Plane is a completely different beast to FSX. I too converted about a year ago and haven't looked back. You need to be careful with your rendering settings as you will go through your 3GB of VRAM in a heartbeat. I have a GTX980TI STRIX with 6GB and can easily max out the VRAM. My custom built PC is no slouch but let me tell you I can still bring it to it's knees !

Why are you dissapointed with the 330? I know it isn't  PMDG 777 but none the less a great bird.

X-Plane is a learning curve but stick wit it and you won't look back

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

Hi,

I'm using these addons:

- Flightfactor 767

- Skymaxx 3.1

- Real Weather Connector

- HD Mesh v3

- w2xp

Here is my ingame settings: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8ek21lfaozax5ms/XP10_Setting.jpg?dl=0

and Skymaxx: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qe2y37qimys4w1b/Skymaxx.jpg?dl=0

I'm happy how it looks and how it moves Even in really bad weather it's still moving about 40-45 FPS. When skies are cleared its about 70-75. Just want to get rid off the resolution switching.

Zikous