Sign in to follow this  
MarkW

Wide View Aspect Ratio ?

Just wondering why it is not recommended to tick off this box in P3D.  I actually have it ticked because it works better with my preset EZDok setting but perhaps this is a mistake.  

Once you decide which view you like, then set your Ezdok settings.  I like wide view so I set that first, then adjusted EZdok. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Just wondering why it is not recommended to tick off this box in P3D.  I actually have it ticked because it works better with my preset EZDok setting but perhaps this is a mistake.  

I think that WVAR is for those without 3rd party cameras' controls such as EZDOK. Once you're comfortable with EZDOK options, you won't need WVAR anymore as EZDOK has more flexibility to adjust the views (angles and zooms)

So its personal preference not related to performance of the sim.

Most likely - yes. I don't see any performance benefits or disadvantages here. 

I had assumed that Wide View Aspect Ratio was for anyone who uses a single widescreen monitor. Is that not the case?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

For those of us using a triple monitor setup with NVidia surround (or the AMD surround option, the name of which escapes me at the moment) enabled, having that option selected allows zooming out in VC view to be able to see the entire panel.  Without it selected, the zoom is very limited, not allowing one to zoom out sufficiently to see the entire panel.  One disadvantage of selecting it is the peripheral distortion on the two side monitors, though. 

Jim Blake
Captain, SWA Virtual Airlines
Real World C172 Pilot, AOPA #06034701
 sig_concordeX.jpg  Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

If you use EZDOK like i do i have an advantage having it set to off and then use zoom 0.60 or 0.70 . That makes the landscape more sharp (or at least it did in the old driver days :-) )

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

I'm about to replace my 27" center Dell 1920x1080 touchscreen with a 24" 1920 x 1200 monitor. The purpose is to change the apparently unalterable Nvidia surround output of 3840x1080 to the desired surround resolution of 5760 x 1200 when used with my two 24" 1920 x 1200 wing monitors.

Yes, I am willing to lose the 3 inches and touch capabilities of the Dell.

Will this work?

Thanks,

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2