Sign in to follow this  
JSilva

Dovetail Games Flight School Release Date: May 24, 2016

Well, delays happen, but for me, it's a little bit of a let down to hear it's going to be delayed just a week before we expected it to be released.

I was hoping to see a lot of reviews and videos next week.

A month isn't a long time to wait, but it is (lol) when you want to see how something "new".

I wish, instead, they would just released it, and then make an announcement that they will release a patch next month, listing what will be improved, changed, added, etc... to build even more excitement.

Some gamers/people don't take things well whenever something is delayed. unfortunately.

10850K, MSI Unify Z490, 32gb G.Skill Ripjaw 3600 CL16, MSI 5700 XT 8gb, Nochua NH-U12a, WD 500gb Black SSD (OS- Windows 10 Pro), Samsung 2tb Evo plus SSD (games), Superflower 850 watts power supply

Nearly every major game release that I can remember has been delayed over time. I dont let this worry me too much. In their press release they specifically pointed out that they did this to address some of the feedback from the community on what teasers they released so far, so I dont see how this is anything but good for us as a community.

DTG has once again proven that they are a consumer oriented company that is listening to us as a community and taking our feedback seriously. Say what you will, but that is more than we get from anyone else in this industry. 

• Upvote 1

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

I wish, instead, they would just released it, and then make an announcement that they will release a patch next month, listing what will be improved, changed, added, etc... to build even more excitement.

I would not mind, and I run a fair bit of alpha and beta software, but I think for the market they are shooting for it would not be good at all. This needs to be a solid, stable release so confidence in DT in the FS market place is kept strong.

A few weeks is nothing.

Sorry chaps...my fault...pre-ordered yesterday, might have known this would happen when I did that :)

Cheers

Keith

• Upvote 4

Disappointed.  Especially when I misread the thread title and thought it was being released on April 24th.

(I'd assumed it would be released April 29th or 30th.  Happy, then Sad....).

But most software projects go over budget and run late, its good that they aren't rushing this out.

Also I'm trying to get to grips with Star Citizen and there's the new IXEG 737 coming out, so plenty to keep me busy.

Tony Holmes

xplane 12, MSFS, Windows 10, Ryzen 5600x, 32gb, RX 6800XT.

Better late than buggy.

• Upvote 1

- Bill Magann

No need to step forward Keith. We all knew it was your fault..... :smile:

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

I wish, instead, they would just released it, and then make an announcement that they will release a patch next month, listing what will be improved, changed, added, etc... to build even more excitement.

Some gamers/people don't take things well whenever something is delayed. unfortunately.

Some gamers/people don't take things well whenever something is released prematurely and buggy also.

Todd

• Upvote 2

This was the right thing to do.

• Upvote 2

What i find amusing about those comments on steam forum that some of those gamers are those that supposed to be 'Intimidated' by a flight simulator !!  -  :smile: