Sign in to follow this  
Raven9000

Errors on X-Plane install how to fix

Hi, as I have recently upgraded my computer, and along with it I have a dedicated 500GB SSD for X-Plane, I went ahead and installed it from DVDs.

So far I received errors on disc 2. Not sure if any more discs will have errors, I pm about finishing disc 5.

Anyway, how do I re-check/repair any missing files after install is finished? i know there was a way but I cannot remember.

Also, for anyone that has done it, is it possible to install the Steam version if you wanted it, but copying the files from a DVD install, to avoid downloading so many GBs?

Thanks.

Download and use the website installer instead of the one in the DVD, maybe that might help!

Thanks, but that's the first thing I did and installed with it.

I think it's an option afterwards when it's done, maybe update or some option to scan/check files?

Hi, as I have recently upgraded my computer, and along with it I have a dedicated 500GB SSD for X-Plane, I went ahead and installed it from DVDs.

So far I received errors on disc 2. Not sure if any more discs will have errors, I pm about finishing disc 5.

Anyway, how do I re-check/repair any missing files after install is finished? i know there was a way but I cannot remember.

EDIT: I didn't read the above reply. :smile:

If you have an X-Plane installation, you can run the above mentioned installer. It should automatically detect your X-Plane installation and then it should give you various options. If you then select "Update X-Plane", it will update and repair your current X-Plane installation.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

EDIT: I didn't read the above reply. :smile:

If you have an X-Plane installation, you can run the above mentioned installer. It should automatically detect your X-Plane installation and then it should give you various options. If you then select "Update X-Plane", it will update and repair your current X-Plane installation.

Thanks, I did do that and it downloaded abot 2 (or was it 3) GB of files, then ran it again today and it downloaded some more (weird..)

anywho, I think the problem is with the scenery tiles, as I also selected "ad/remove scenery", and kept all selected, and it told me it needed to install just 3MB, but asked for disk 7 and it gives the errors...

I think it-s just 2 tiles, because I get the error twice, but not sure which ones they are or where I could possibly get them.

Also tried the disc on a different drive, still no go.

I think it-s just 2 tiles, because I get the error twice, but not sure which ones they are or where I could possibly get them.

Also tried the disc on a different drive, still no go.

I think you should contact official customer service at info@x-plane.com then:

http://www.x-plane.com/support/landing/

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

I think you should contact official customer service at info@x-plane.com then:

http://www.x-plane.com/support/landing/

Ok, I think I got it.. really stupid/simple...

The installer log gets pasted on the desktop...

Seems it-s just these 2 files:

0:00:47.612 E/INS: Error processing Global Scenery/X-Plane 10 Global Scenery/Earth nav data/-20+010/-20+018.dsf

0:00:54.648 E/INS: Error processing Global Scenery/X-Plane 10 Global Scenery/Earth nav data/+60-110/+62-102.dsf

If someone could help me out with these files (they-re just about 4MB each, and less compressed I guess) that would be awesome :)

I had a problem installing my full world scenery from the DVDs. Apparently two files on DVD-7 were causing an error.

I did contact the official support and they offered me a new download license for half the price (I believe $30 instead of $60).

I solved it using "other means"...

Jaime Beneyto

My real life aviation and flight simulation videos [English and Spanish]

System: i9 9900k OC 5.0 GHz | RTX 2080 Super | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Asus Z390-F

I had a problem installing my full world scenery from the DVDs. Apparently two files on DVD-7 were causing an error.

I did contact the official support and they offered me a new download license for half the price (I believe $30 instead of $60).

I solved it using "other means"...

Thanks, but I don't see why I should have to pay for a new license (even at half price) for faulty media. And for just 2 files, also not make them send a replacement.

Edit: I know, and I used to have other means... but I honestly do not want to install iso mounters, etc.

Thanks, but I don't see why I should have to pay for a new license (even at half price) for faulty media. And for just 2 files, also not make them send a replacement.

I agree. Their reasons were that the DVDs were old and more than 2 years past the purchase date. It was actually 2 years and a few months. And they actually spent the whole time in the box, just used them once for my first install when I bought them and never touched them again. They could have been "kind" enough and just send me those little two files, but whatever... 

Jaime Beneyto

My real life aviation and flight simulation videos [English and Spanish]

System: i9 9900k OC 5.0 GHz | RTX 2080 Super | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Asus Z390-F

Well, in a lucky turn of events...

Before upgrading my PC, I had X-Plane installed on an HDD, and I just realized I had not deleted that folder! :)

So luckily when I installed that the discs were OK, and the files I needed were there :D

Just copied them, all good, and compared the two folders and they're identical in size and number of files, so I guess all good :)

• Upvote 1

If the disks were good before, 2 things could have happened: 
- finger prints or scratches : I found those CDs/DVDs can be easily repaired using a bit tooth paste, it removes the dirt and repairs the protective layer

(this does not work if there are scratches on the top of the disk, were usually the print is)

It works because the data is actually written on the top layer, the shiny bottom layer is just a protective layer.

- deteroration of the data, CDs / DVDs are not ever lasting, data can become corrupted. In that case, you can not repair them.

Other solution: did you check if those regions are in Alpilots' HD meshes ? Then you don't need the DVDs.

Good luck

If the disks were good before, 2 things could have happened: 

- finger prints or scratches : I found those CDs/DVDs can be easily repaired using a bit tooth paste, it removes the dirt and repairs the protective layer

(this does not work if there are scratches on the top of the disk, were usually the print is)

It works because the data is actually written on the top layer, the shiny bottom layer is just a protective layer.

- deteroration of the data, CDs / DVDs are not ever lasting, data can become corrupted. In that case, you can not repair them.

Other solution: did you check if those regions are in Alpilots' HD meshes ? Then you don't need the DVDs.

Good luck

Hi, thanks for replying, if you look at the post above your (mine) you'll see luckily I solved it because I had my old install on another HDD...

In any case, your alternative could have been a god one, and in fact I do have the HD Mesh and will be installing it soon.

Thanks.

I've got a couple of bad files too on disk 5. I have a key for the digital version but I've been holding out because it will probably make me reactivate/reinstall about 12 payware aircraft. The tiles that are bad are areas I never go to and are probably covered by the HD mesh. Oh well.