Sign in to follow this  
r_stopnicki

So, I built my own!

Hello Steve:

One and the same. With a little less hair at the top and a grayer beard, but the same enthusiasm.

Of course it was done!!

FS9!! Yes, we (at LABVirtual) loved your livery and paint.

Those days I was the Director of VATSIM's La Paz Center (SLLF) and we used to have many large fly-ins.

I also happened to be a Beta tester for Dreamfleet's B727 and I pestered the developer, Paul Golding, so much that a livery of LAB was included in the release of the add-on.

Actually my wife's voice and mine, are the "Spanish pilot" voices still reminding folks that "oil pressure is rising"  :smile:  in Spanish

I am waiting for the DC6 to come out (I have to wait for FSX) and I will start pestering everybody for a LAB livery.

Many regards, and thanks for the memories!!!

Roberto

2s8pzky.jpg

• Upvote 1

Roberto Stopnicki

Toronto, Canada

What a refreshing post, and what talent! Congratulations Roberto and thank you for sharing.

JJ

Hey Robert

Hello Steve:

One and the same. With a little less hair at the top and a grayer beard, but the same enthusiasm.

Of course it was done!!

FS9!! Yes, we (at LABVirtual) loved your livery and paint.

Those days I was the Director of VATSIM's La Paz Center (SLLF) and we used to have many large fly-ins.

I also happened to be a Beta tester for Dreamfleet's B727 and I pestered the developer, Paul Golding, so much that a livery of LAB was included in the release of the add-on.

Actually my wife's voice and mine, are the "Spanish pilot" voices still reminding folks that "oil pressure is rising"  :smile:  in Spanish

I am waiting for the DC6 to come out (I have to wait for FSX) and I will start pestering everybody for a LAB livery.

Many regards, and thanks for the memories!!!

Roberto

2s8pzky.jpg

Hey Roberto,

Yeah that was a loooong time ago!  It was only my 2nd or 3rd repaint on the Level-D 767 and I was still getting used to it.  I remember having to recreate the logo from scratch as there was no good images of it at that time.

I'd be happy to paint LAB on the DC-6 for you when she comes out, but I don't plan on getting it as its not suited for the type of flying I like (although I know it'll be an awesome rendition.)   We'll work something out, I've painted other planes I didn't own before (at the time). :wink:

I'll task you with finding the reference pictures I'll need to paint her though...not sure if the usual places on the net will have them since she's an antique. :smile:  

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Hi Steve!

Sounds like a great plan!!

I'll touch base when we are all ready.

Cheers!

Roberto

Roberto Stopnicki

Toronto, Canada

Roberto,

I am very impressed with what you done there, a PMDG branded DC-6B model. That is some skill, I used to build models when I was younger but haven't done so in years, primarily because I now build them on the computer in 3DS Max.

Not the same I know but it saves space in the house and the best thing about making them on the computer is you get to fly them afterwards :-p

I am sure you had just as much fun building that model as I did building our DC-6B exterior model virtually. I hope you will enjoy our product when it is released!

Cheers,

Jason Brown - Exterior Model Engineer,

http://www.precisionmanuals.com
Posted Image

Specs: MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | Intel i7 4970K OC @ 4.6GHz | Gigabyte GTX970 G1 4GB | 16GB (2X8GB) G.Skill Trident | Corsair Air 540 White Case | Corsair AX750 750W PSU | 27" Samsung SyncMaster 275T+ | 27" Samsung S27D850 | 13" Wacom Cintiq | Windows 10 Professional x64

Hello Jason:

I am just a "beginner". Still learning some of the skills that are necessary to reproduce nice plastic models and envying some of the ones I see in magazines and shows. Up close, my models still have quite a bit of flaws, that is why "viewing is limited to at least 10 feet away" :smile:  

"Downsizing" and moving to a condo from a house, meant that the R/C airplanes had to be replaced with something that can be kept (on top of cabinets, book cases and other "out of the way surfaces") in our apartment. Having a very understanding wife, is also a welcome pre-requisite.

Doing the research for the model, was a hoot. There is actually a plethora of PMDG's DC-6 pictures on the Internet. Luckily, from every angle that was necessary. With the help of one of our sons, screen captures were photoshoped, scaled to the right size and printed on my laser printer on special decal paper. Placing "two of each" on each printed paper was a good idea, because I made a few mistakes along the way and the "reserve" decal came in very handy.

I think that, between FS9 and FSX, I have owned every model PMDG has created. So I am sure that the DC6 will also be very enjoyable. I love the B1900 and the JS41 that keep you "awake" for the entire flight. Although I must confess that a transoceanic in the B777 is not too bad either  :wink:

I limit myself these days, principally to two-engined ones, because my fairly-new GoFlight throttle quadrant for the B737 comes with two throttles and I don't like the setting and resetting of options on FSX as I change aircraft.

But the exception for the DC-6, will just have to be.

All the best and thank you for the great work you guys prepare for our enjoyment.

Roberto

Roberto Stopnicki

Toronto, Canada

24lmvzo.jpg

So there it is (Thank you very much Rich!!) in the post above

Roberto

What a beauty! It would be at home on any mans desk or mantle as a centerpiece! 

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

I'm impressed, even if you claim it is rough up close.  My models from my youth always had glue finger prints and bubbles in the decals (remember the ones you had to soak in water).

We just got a copy of a DC-6C cargo conversion to start testing. Looking good so far... of course there is still work to do so don't expect progress updates yet from PMDG.

Dan Downs KCRP

Dreamfleet 727, that brings back great old flight sim memories. That and the Ready for Pushback 747 classic. I'd love updated addons for both - David Lee

Just a note of thanks to everybody for the very kind remarks.

Going to bed with a smile.

Muchas Gracias Jaime!

(Everybody understands what that means  :smile: , right?)

Roberto

Roberto Stopnicki

Toronto, Canada

Although I must confess that a transoceanic in the B777 is not too bad either

So you fly the 777 too Roberto?  Hmm...maybe I can give you a shiny new LAB 777 to fly around the world so you can retire that old LDS 767.  :wink:

2Olt10.jpg

• Upvote 2

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Wowwww!!!!!!

That is fantastic!!!

The 767 left many many years ago, as I migrated to FSX.

It was a looong wait for the 777 before I could do a transoceanic without "hopping" around.

And Steve, may I be so presumptuous as to suggest (wink, nudge, prod) that I fly the NGX, particularly the 736 all the time?

;-)

Thank you!

Roberto

Roberto Stopnicki

Toronto, Canada

Quality work Roberto!

Regards

Jose

Jose A.

Core Components: AMD Ryzen7 7700X - G.Skill FlareX 32 GB DDR5 6000 CL36 (XMP)  - Gigabyte B650M Aorus Elite AX  - Asus ROG Strix RTX3060 12gb

Storage: WD Black SN750 NVMe 1TB - AData sx8200 Pro NVMe 1TB - Samsung 860 EVO 500GB - Samsung 870 EVO 1TB

WIN10 - P3D v.5.3 HF2 - XPLANE 11 - MSFS