Sign in to follow this  
apollomaker

Trying to Install GTN750 with CJ2 (?)

Hello All --- well been trying to install and use the 750 with the CJ2 and having a problem.

Cannot get the 750 to take control of the AP function. I used the Flight One installer to add it to the CJ2 and checked for both the .INI file being present and the selection of the 750 with the SD card slot. Both OK.

Still it will not work. 750 functions all are working internally but no control over the navigation. Have only been with the CJ2 for a short time so most likely some setting I am missing (?)

Any help appreciated ---- :smile:  Thanks!

Bob,

Is your GTN in the GPS mode (Magenta at the bottom center)? Do you have an active flight plan with the leg showing in magenta? Do you have GPS showing in Green in the PFD? LOC (in cyan) is usually showing in the PRESET.

The GTN doesn't take control of the AP, it only uses it to navigate.

Regards,

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Hi Ray --- been reading your many posts here - very informative. Yes, all those things you mention are in play OK. This is really confusing as I have never had any issues with the 750 installing in many other planes. I notice too that the NAV button on the AP does not function with the 750 installed, but this is probably not important. I have tried many settings to see if I could affect anything but no joy. The NAV button stays off no matter what. 750 selected or FSX nav selected.

Any other ideas??

Only other thing is to try both the pop up Mode selector and the VC Mode selector to select NAV.

The AP is turned On?

Regards,

Ray

OK Ray, will try both modes and making sure the AP is turned on. It appears others have installed the 750 and had it work fine. Again, I did use the Flight 1 installer, as opposed to the manual method in the panel.cfg file, to add the 750. Strange situation. Scratching head on this one.

I do have the ver. 1.1 of the CJ2. Guess that is the latest and greatest. The CJ2 stock systems do work as they do before I added the 750. I have already done one complete clean-out of the CJ2 and reinstalled due to this 750 issue. Nothing changed.

Thanks ---- Bob

I am having a similar issue, the AP function with the GTN 750 mod doesn't work very well for me. Constantly fighting between LOC and GPS on the PFD to try and get the AP to follow GPS, if I hit the wrong button I cannot get the AP to track GPS for me again, even after cycling the CDI. Keeps going to VOR1. I do not have this problem in the Hawker, Phenom 100, or 300. 

Quick Update: If I select the APPR, it automatically picks up the GPS in the AP and flies with no problem, strange. APPR GPS displays in the PFD window, but there are no issues. 

Hi Ranger -- well, somewhat comforting to know I am not alone with the above problems.

I guess the way the CJ2 is coded, it is not a "clean" environment for the 750 as we are used to with their previous sims. But that was not their objective, for sure. If Carenado is not going to put out well functioning systems, then it would be nice if they would offer the option to add the 750 or some similar solution.

Well, if you come across any workarounds, let us know. Thanks!!!    Bob

Hello All --- well been trying to install and use the 750 with the CJ2 and having a problem.

Using FSX (which version?) or P3D(which version?) or both?

Which OS are you using?

"I guess the way the CJ2 is coded, it is not a "clean" environment for the 750 as we are used to with their previous sims. But that was not their objective, for sure. If Carenado is not going to put out well functioning systems, then it would be nice if they would offer the option to add the 750 or some similar solution."

Have you asked them ?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Are you using the gtn mod from this forum, or are you simply adding the gtn via the f1gtn config spp?

The gtn mod provided, also makes changes to the autopilot, to allow the gtn steering in nav mode.

Bert

Hiya Bert -- so far, I have just been trying to install the 750 via the Flight 1 stock installer.

For those that asked, I am running Win7-64 Pro for my OS. My FSX version is the Gold pack with Acceleration. Also, I always remove the "Carenado Meteo" install directive in the dll.xml file -- each time I have installed the CJ2. I do this for all Carenado sims that use it. 

Ray asked about your version there Bert....should I try that one???

Thanks --- Bob

Bert's v2 Installer in on the way to bob.

Ray

Hello Ray and Bert --- wow, did the mod with Bert's V2 installer kit and it is just superb.

Have it in a flight plan right now. Super nice and thanks again.

:smile: :smile: :smile: ---- Bob

Also, I always remove the "Carenado Meteo" install directive in the dll.xml file -- each time I have installed the CJ2. I do this for all Carenado sims that use it.

What is Carenado Meteo?

Best Regards,

What is Carenado Meteo?

Its their weather radar inteface.

I always use it in P3D when flying a Carenado no crashes.

all You have to do is add the red bold line in dll.xml file. (If you don't P3D will crash on Start)

Caveat, each time you start P3D you have to accept the manual load.

Note: Point the <Path> to your P3D folder.

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>CMeteoXml</Name>

<Disabled>False</Disabled>

<ManualLoad>True</ManualLoad>

<Path>D:\Prepar3D\CMeteoXml.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

Cheers.

Its their weather radar inteface.

Thanks for the answer.

I have not had a problem with it but will be on the look out for it.

Best Regards,