Sign in to follow this  
bonchie

XP10 continually crashes shortly after takeoff.

It's not running out of memory. I checked that. Usually I can get in the air and within 5 minutes, it CTDs.

Is there some kind of log file I can look at that would provide hints?

Yes, its called log.txt and its in your X-plane route directory.

It will have info and what is happening.  You can post it here and some of us can look and see whats going on.

Rob

Go read the log.txt it will tell you whats crashing

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

One way is to keep track of everything you have installed as an add-on since the last time it worked.  Uninstall all of that and then install them back, one at a time, until it crashes.  Then you know.

Well, that was easy.

At the bottom of the log it says the program crashed because of the SASL plugin (and there's a bunch of errors with SASL loading avionics prior to that).

Now, what that means, I'll let you guys tell me. I didn't remember installing an SASL plugin. Or is maybe a plane trying to find that plugin and I just need to install it? I'll try that first, as I've found a download link for it.