Sign in to follow this  
gboz

CP having trouble with numbers in checklist.

I'm doing a checklist where an item says to set RPM to "1200".

The CP always reads this out as 100 and always only accepts 100 as the correct response.

Of course using "twelve hundred" instead of "1200" works but just curious about this limitation.

gb.

(Win10, P3DV3.2)

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

I'm doing a checklist where an item says to set RPM to "1200".

The CP always reads this out as 100 and always only accepts 100 as the correct response.

Of course using "twelve hundred" instead of "1200" works but just curious about this limitation.

gb.

(Win10, P3DV3.2)

Will have a look.

Will have a look.

Ok, thanks.

Another minor problem, the CP always reads back a zero numeral as the letter "O".

This is not just in a check list but anywhere the CP reads a numeral.

So "170" reads back as "one seven o" instead of "one seven zero"

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Another minor problem, the CP always reads back a zero numeral as the letter "O".

Please check you didn't actually type letter "O" in the checklist. Depending on the font used, It's easy to confuse them, especially when the "0" doesn't have the diagonal bar that clearly indicates it's a zero.

Please check you didn't actually type letter "O" in the checklist. Depending on the font used, It's easy to confuse them, especially when the "0" doesn't have the diagonal bar that clearly indicates it's a zero.

This will happen anywhere not just with the check list.

Like if in the VC I say "set Com1 one two zero decimal five" the CP will set the radio correctly but the confirmation will be something like "Com 1 set to one two o decimal five".

gb.

I just found that the read back of verbal commands containing zero as "o" is only happening with my two Avona TTS voices. So looks like something unique to Avona.

Both the Microsoft TTS voices and the recorded voices read back zero as "zero".

All of the voices, including Avona's, have the problem with 1200 in the check list.

Also found 1000 in the check list is read back as "one hundred" too.

gb.

I just found that the read back of verbal commands containing zero as "o" is only happening with my two Avona TTS voices. So looks like something unique to Avona.

Both the Microsoft TTS voices and the recorded voices read back zero as "zero".

All of the voices, including Avona's, have the problem with 1200 in the check list.

Also found 1000 in the check list is read back as "one hundred" too.

gb.

Thanks for mentioning it is related to TTS voices and not our recorded ones.

I guess IVONA voices are tuned for the American market where zero is more likely spoken as "oh".

I believe you can alter Ivona voices to make them spell any word in a specific manner. Something you look-up under "voice properties", Lexicon.

Thanks for mentioning it is related to TTS voices and not our recorded ones.

I guess IVONA voices are tuned for the American market where zero is more likely spoken as "oh".

I believe you can alter Ivona voices to make them spell any word in a specific manner. Something you look-up under "voice properties", Lexicon.

Just for the record I tried IVONA's own text reader and it does pronounce the number 0 as zero by default so there must just be some miss-match going on between IVONA and MCE.

Guess I will just have to live with this one.

gb.

Just for the record I tried IVONA's own text reader and it does pronounce the number 0 as zero by default so there must just be some miss-match going on between IVONA and MCE.

Guess I will just have to live with this one.

gb.

Please send your custom checklist to support for inspection.

Thanks

Please send your custom checklist to support for inspection.

Thanks

Yes I will, thanks.

But as I said above the zero issue also happens with read back of general in cockpit commands,

like setting a radio frequency.

gb.