Sign in to follow this  
Goates100

Issues with scenery loading

So I have got caught up in the ixeg 737 hype and finally bought xplane and a few addons.

I have spent the last couple of days installing everything and doing some tweaking. The only part I have had issues with is installing w2xpl. Appreciate it is not officially supported or developed anymore (which is a massive shame) but with it in my scenery folder I can't load beyond reading new scenery files. I have osm with v3 mesh and that is working fine. Any ideas of a solution to the w2xpl issue so I can use that?

Thanks

Can you post your log file here so we can see it. It might just be a missing library

BTW you don't actually need W2XP installed to actually use scenery generated by it

With all due respect, and from a position of some limited experience, I would never install X-Plane and just begin loading it up with add-ons.  Many Custom scenery files are "bad," mostly with taxi-sign errors, an accumulation of which will crash X-Plane.  Also, watch for plug-ins that may be a problem.

The best way to start with X-Plane is to learn to read the log.txt file for errors, and only install one or two add-ons at a time until you learn how to avoid problems.  Start with the basic X-Plane installation, check LR for updates (run the installer) and get X-Plane up and running.  Then (and only then) begin adding eye candy, keeping track of what and when you added it.  If you get a crash or lockup, then back up to the point of a working copy and install things one at a time until you identify the bad file.  Once you learn to read log.txt you can accelerate that procedure.  X-Plane does a very good job of bypassing errors, but it can become overwhelmed with them and crash if you have to many bad files installed.

Hello Tony,

Is there a link that would allow me to download the latest/final> GBPro from please, as the version I have downloaded will not work.

Thanks for your help and sorry to read that your efforts won't be continuing with such an excellent progect!

Kind Regards

Phil