Sign in to follow this  
seahawks

AI Traffic run above taxiways?

Hi there everybody,

FS 2004: I don't know why, in a new scenery recently downloaded, the AI aircrafts flight above taxiways, approximately less a meter, instead of running?

What is the problem? Ground altitude in AFCAD?

If somebody has an idea, an answer will be greatly appreciated!

Thank you

Dom

Yep, it is probably an altitude problem. Scenery and AFCAD do not align....

Contact the author to solve it.

Menno

Menno 

i7-11700, 16GB, 1 TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, RTX 3070, Windows 11, MSFS 2020 DeLuxe, P3D 4.5

I have the same issues with almost all UK2000 airports, To modify them  I use JABBgl. The author, Jacky Bouze, discribes his tool as following:

Elevation change for airports, runways, taxiways, parkings and start positions ("Elévation" tab)

Some scenery addons with airports do change the visual part of runways, taxiways and parkings.
AFCAD2 (excellent program from Lee Swordy) allows to change the corresponding non-visual data in order to make AI traffic to follow the new paths.
By now, AFCAD2 doesn't allow to change the elevation of this paths and sometimes, AI traffic seems to "float" over the ground or to "swimm" into it due to elevation gap between the basic FS scenery and the addon scenery.
The reason is that FS always takes the elevation of the lower scenery defining the airport, this means the low level basic scenery (in the <FS9>\Scenery\... folders).
JABBgl allows to change those basic bgl files.

It's  very useful. The only thing, you have to insert the exact airport name as it's shown in Arport Library. You will find the tool here:

http://www.flightsimulator.cz/addon/jabbgl-v1-0-2/

I have the same issues with almost all UK2000 airports, To modify them  I use JABBgl. The author, Jacky Bouze, discribes his tool as following:

Elevation change for airports, runways, taxiways, parkings and start positions ("Elévation" tab)

Some scenery addons with airports do change the visual part of runways, taxiways and parkings.

AFCAD2 (excellent program from Lee Swordy) allows to change the corresponding non-visual data in order to make AI traffic to follow the new paths.

By now, AFCAD2 doesn't allow to change the elevation of this paths and sometimes, AI traffic seems to "float" over the ground or to "swimm" into it due to elevation gap between the basic FS scenery and the addon scenery.

The reason is that FS always takes the elevation of the lower scenery defining the airport, this means the low level basic scenery (in the <FS9>\Scenery\... folders).

JABBgl allows to change those basic bgl files.

It's  very useful. The only thing, you have to insert the exact airport name as it's shown in Arport Library. You will find the tool here:

http://www.flightsimulator.cz/addon/jabbgl-v1-0-2/

Hi Goldenrocket

First of all thanks for your answer,

I will test what you explained me, Thanks

Regards

dom

Yep, it is probably an altitude problem. Scenery and AFCAD do not align....

Contact the author to solve it.

Menno

Hi Menno

Thanks for your answer.

Best regards

dom

Easy peasy, move a copy of the afcad to ...\Scenery\World\scenery.

regards,

Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

seahawks.... it may be a problem with the afcad which you can change by editing it. Or it maybe that you have an older addon afcad for that airport which is conflicting, check that first.

Well I have many UK2000 airports and don't experience your issue, neither is it a common theme on the support forums. Duplicate afcads or scenery library priority is the most probable cause.

I would also advise that modern payware/freeware scenery is NOT edited with AFCAD 2.2 by Lee Swordy. It is an old program that may well strip out scenery objects when you save it. Use ADE instead.

Peter Schluter

I'm just struggling with UK2000 Jersey airport. The Afcad used is a UK2000 one, Joe's solution to put a copy to scenery folder doesn't work. So it might be up to Seahawks how he will solve the problem.  I just gave one possible solution, nothing more. 

Any default/stock airport elevation must be exactly the same as that of any addon airport. Use the JABBgl program to adjust the default/stock elevation so that both are the same.

However, you must first find out which APnnnnnn.bgl file contains the default/stock airport. This can be done by opening the default/stock airport via the Afcad program and then selecting but not actually opening it's addon version. The APnnnnnn,bgl concerned will then be displayed within the Afcad screen. Write it down.

Find and copy this file to any working folder outside FS9 and then point the JABBgl program to it. The airport names within the APnnnnnn.bgl will be displayed, along with their editable elevations.

After selecting the airport and editing it's elevation, rename the original APnnnnnn.bgl to e.g. APnnnnnn.XXXX. Then copy/paste the edited APnnnnnn.bgl back to it's original position. After that check the addon Afcad's reference data and runway elevations.

Take care though because mistakes can easily be made. If something goes wrong you can always rename the APnnnnnn.XXXX back to APnnnnnn.bgl so as to re-activate the original situation.

If you have a principle problem with editing default/stock files you could also place a flatten statement with the elevation of the addon airport, in the scenery.cfg file instead. For this you must select the whole airport area.

Good luck

Hans

I'm just struggling with UK2000 Jersey airport. The Afcad used is a UK2000 one, Joe's solution to put a copy to scenery folder doesn't work. So it might be up to Seahawks how he will solve the problem.  I just gave one possible solution, nothing more. 

Try the UK2000 forums. Gary is always very quick to solve issues.

Peter Schluter

However, you must first find out which APnnnnnn.bgl file contains the default/stock airport. ...

... If something goes wrong you can always rename the APnnnnnn.XXXX back to APnnnnnn.bgl so as to re-activate the original situation.

No need to search for APnnnnnn,bgl. Just type the exact airport name as it appears in Airport Selection in filter space.

JABBgl does automatically a backup of the modified file. Users should do a periodical backup of entire FS anyway!

I had the same problem with Gary's Jersey. It turned out to be another very old scenery at Guernsey conflicting with the UK2000 scenery. I removed it and Jersey was perfect.

UK2000 is always spot on.

Steve