Sign in to follow this  
Chris Leipert

Latest Update

I just realized that I missed an update for the PMDG B737. What is the best way to update to the newest version? I purchased through the PMDG store and still have a link in my account. Will that download the latest version? Do I need to delete the previous version first or install it right over the current?

I just realized that I missed an update for the PMDG B737. What is the best way to update to the newest version? I purchased through the PMDG store and still have a link in my account. Will that download the latest version? Do I need to delete the previous version first or install it right over the current?

Log in. Click View Previous Orders. Find your original order. Download using the existing link.

Uninstall the old version while it's downloading. Install.

Full names in the forum please - first and last.

Kyle Rodgers

Are those downloads for FSX Steam only or also for the FSX?

johngoncalves

Good morning Chris, they will hound you here to sign your posts as it is required for support. To answer your question, no you do not need to backup your liveries. Once the new version is installed simply re-obtain them from the livery manager in the All Programs PMDG Folder under Operations Center. The Operations Center is where you will find everything you need. 

To answer your question, no you do not need to backup your liveries

Don't  know  about  this  all depend  if  the op   has  the operation  centre   to start with,  since    to  save  your  liveries  you need  to run the operation centre  first  than  delete  the ngx  and  reinstall  than  run the operation  centre  and  it  will ask you if  you want  to reinstall your  liveries   could be  wrong

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I guess I'm a little at a loss here, what and where is this Operations Center? It's the first I've heard about it.

Actually I think I just answered my own question. I take it it's in my START menu of Windows.

I installed the operation center. Trying to get the pmdg to install and all it does is lock up my startup screen. Any ideas. Was it suppose to update the dll in steam or what? Have not been able to activate it. Even tried using the version 2 activation tool. No go.

Thanks,

Bob Morehead

Bob M

The operations center does not have its own installer, so you lost me right there. The PMDG installer does not update any steam modules or dlls, so not sure why you ask.  I don't even know what a version 2 activation tool is.

Locking up startup screen, I take that to mean the FSXSE startup screen. The first step is to remove the PMDG NGX with the control panel and make sure FSXSE is starting on its own. Then make sure you run the NGX installer with admin rights.  Please review the introduction document and look at the FSX STEAM USERS READ ME file.

Dan Downs KCRP

I have the ngx installed and all the simconnect files but when the fsx steam screen comes up..the plane will turn a little and I can't select airport..it just hangs. I can't activate it. PMDG came out with an activation tool a couple years ago between steam and pd3 because people couldn't activate but it loads up..i put number in and its doesm't do anything... So that's where I am at. I have installed this ngx a thousand times over the years and my memory is getting cloudy. So what do I do? Tried it with the Cessna loaded...blah.blah..blah and that don't work.

Thank you,

Bob Morehead

Bob M

Submit a trouble ticket at PMDG Product Support. Might have something to do with a thousand installations, or it just could be a missing character in the dll.xml file.

Dan Downs KCRP