Sign in to follow this  
sauqy

FSX lags so bad after upgrading processor

Hello, I just upgraded my processor from intel pentium G3240 to i7 4790 but I got this "camera lag" with low FPS which I showed in this video: https://youtu.be/ryCSQFvLArQ

Lists of things I have done:

- Reset BIOS Settings

- Rebuild fsx.cfg 

- Reapplying tweaks based on Word Not Allowed's guide here: #####

- Reset NVIDIA Inspector settings to default

- Changing my affinitymask number to 14, 84, and 252

Any help would be very much appreciated, Thank you :)

But you haven't told us what kind of GPU you have.  Your "camera lag" may very well be traced to a GPU that can't keep up with the draw instructions from the CPU.  I have the 4790K, affinity mask=14, running a GTX770 no problems.  I would suggest for starters that you discard all those "tweaks", rebuild fsx.cfg and start from there.  Most tweaks do more harm than good, I have found, especially Word Not Allowed's, since that information is somewhat dated, as I recall.

Stew

"Different dog, different fleas"

Is the motherboard BIOS up to date?  Recommend you flash the BIOS and then reconfigure for the new CPU.  Also, try reinstalling the chipset drivers (from the motherboard's CD).

Good luck,

Greg

But you haven't told us what kind of GPU you have.  Your "camera lag" may very well be traced to a GPU that can't keep up with the draw instructions from the CPU.  I have the 4790K, affinity mask=14, running a GTX770 no problems.  I would suggest for starters that you discard all those "tweaks", rebuild fsx.cfg and start from there.  Most tweaks do more harm than good, I have found, especially Word Not Allowed's, since that information is somewhat dated, as I recall.

I'm using GTX750Ti. What tweaks did you used for your cfg? Maybe that could help me.

Is the motherboard BIOS up to date?  Recommend you flash the BIOS and then reconfigure for the new CPU.  Also, try reinstalling the chipset drivers (from the motherboard's CD).

Good luck,

Greg

I will try to do so. Thanks for your advice

I'm using GTX750Ti. What tweaks did you used for your cfg? Maybe that could help me.

I will try to do so. Thanks for your advice

The tweaks I've made to the fsx.cfg are mainly cosmetic and don't help in running FSX smoothly.  However, the one major fix you must make is to insert  HighMemFix=1 into the Graphics Section of fsx.cfg.  I'm not an expert on video cards, but I have read the advice that a GTX x50 series chipset might not be up to the task of running FSX.  But somebody else will have to weigh in on video cards and FSX.

Stew

"Different dog, different fleas"

also maybe try it with fps limit set to unlimited and see what you get

cheers

-andy crosby

With an I7-4790k, I recommend removing all tweaks except the HighMemFix.  Also, you won't need to overclock (and shouldn't before burn-in).

I'm not clear as to weather  you are using the same installation (hard disk) as  you had with your previous system or if you did a new install.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

With an I7-4790k, I recommend removing all tweaks except the HighMemFix.  Also, you won't need to overclock (and shouldn't before burn-in).

I'm not clear as to weather  you are using the same installation (hard disk) as  you had with your previous system or if you did a new install.

I'm using the non-K version of the processor so the overclock is disabled. I did try to only use HIGHMEMFIX and still no luck. The installation is the same because I only replaced the processor, nothing more.

Did you apply thermal paste ?

Also check temps it could be thermal throttling for the CPU

ZORAN

Did you apply thermal paste ?

Also check temps it could be thermal throttling for the CPU

I did and the temps seems normal.

Its weird that I could play GTA V on very high 60fps while streaming 720p60fps. I did try to clean install FSX and P3D (just for trial purposes) and both still got the same problem.

Try to disable HT and test.

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

With a CPU like the i7 4970K, you should match it with a equally fast GPU. Your 750 Ti isn't exactly a high end card.

Try to disable HT and test.

I Just did, still same result. Here's another video (on p3d) 

Did you install the latest chipset drivers for the cpu and uninstall the old ones? Can you take a screenshot of your device manager? Is the old chipset still listed? Did you run windows update to get any latest updates and drivers? I upgraded from 7 to windows 10 yesterday morning and had a lot of updates to drivers it found I had checked "get updates for other programs" in the update option menu.

After that, rebuild your fsx.cfg file and first try fsx not using any teaks except highmemfix and the uiautomationcore dll in the main fsx folder