Sign in to follow this  
BamaKevin

TrackIR setup help

Ok I am trying to get my settings just right and not sure how to adjust the range of my movements. I want to be able to look up and down and side to side with as little head movement as I can. Right now when I am trying to look at overhead panel and it gets out of range I guess cause it resets.

Kevin Humphryes

Ok I am trying to get my settings just right and not sure how to adjust the range of my movements. I want to be able to look up and down and side to side with as little head movement as I can. Right now when I am trying to look at overhead panel and it gets out of range I guess cause it resets.

Two things. To increase the sensitivity you need to edit the appropriate curve(s). For the overheads you will need to start with the pitch axis. Make sure you select this and you can start with the arrow button that just moves the curve up. (See the pic below.) The TrackIR should not reset if you go out of range - it should stop tracking (obviously) and re-acquire sensibly when you come back on the scale. If you are using EZCA, it defaults to re-setting but I'd recommend you disable that (under TrackIR settings it's something like 're-centre if out of range'.)

bb84a21ff34bd5f5ebbda79651044559.jpg

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg
Core i7-7700K / 32Gb DDR4 / Gigabyte GTX1070 / 1080p x 3 x weird / Win7 64 Pro

This may be more difficult to explain than it is to do but my solution:

I program two buttons on my stick - one is F9 (which enables/disables TIR) and the other is F12 (which centers your TIR view)

SO, when I want to look at an overhead panel which is out of range:

Assume TIR is running and enabled

look down - press F12 button - look up

when ready to look forward - look forward - press f12 button

done.

Same procedure for looking extremely left and right or close in and out. I use a rocker for F9/F12 and it's almost instantaneous.

If I really need to look closely at a gauge, look in - f9 to freeze it - when done - f9 to enable and f12 to center. Takes a fraction of a second.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

I wish I had enough free buttons and switches to do that.

Kevin Humphryes

I think that it is also important to make sure the 'receiver' (or whatever you call the thing you have to put on the monitor) is positioned in the correct spot which is NOT on the middle of your monitor (where a lot of people put it) but dead straight before your tracker (the thing on your head). I have my tracker on the left of my headphone so my receiver is on the left of my monitor. This way looking far left does not break the 'contact' because of my own head getting in the way. Positioning the receiver too high or too low may also result in 'contact problems'. Make sure both devices are right in front of each other as best as possible. If you lose contact when looking up, the receiver may be placed too low somehow.

Er... I somehow get the idea my knowledge of the English language has let me down a little in this post but I hope you still know what I mean. ;) Anyway, getting things to work properly isn't only a software thing. I use default profiles (smooth) and only set speed to 1.2 and smooth all the way to the right: I never fooled around with any curves and have been using TrackIR for over 7 years now without any problems.

I have mine in the middle of the monitor. Cause I sit right in the middle of the screen. I am using the hat tracker. One thing I also just remembered is in Ezdok is I lost my shortcut keys I had setup befor trackir. When I clicked the TR button in Ezdok does that disable those hotkeys?

Kevin Humphryes

I just watched an excellent TrackIR set up video a couple of days ago in anticipation of purchasing my own.

I'm not sure that I fully comprehend on the minutia of perfect tuning of my TrackIR5, but I will tell you the single greatest and pleasurable thing that I have done regarding that indispensable, much beloved, refuse to fly without, terrific add-on… And that is to discover, and load up Rob's TrackIR5 configuration.

You'll love it !

Thank you Rob!

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

99% of the folks will probably disagree with me, but after using Track IR 5 for years, I finally don't even turn it on anymore. I thought it was great flying light aircraft like C 172's and such, since it lets you look around while flying, and makes flying traffic patterns much easier, but now all I fly is the 737 NGX, and I find it to be a nuisance. I use EZdok and the mouse or hat switch to quickly look around the VC.  Every once in awhile I turn it on, play around with it for a few minutes, and turn it back off.  In addition  I don't have to hold my head in one position, and I don't have to wear a hat when flying. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I wish I had enough free buttons and switches to do that.

You can assign multiple functions to button COMBINATIONS... using "If,ELSE" logic in the paid version of FSUIPC....see

FSUIPC4 for Advanced Users (for FSUIPC4 Version 4.57, January 2010)

Page 16

COMPOUND BUTTON CONDITIONS

Facilities are included to allow you to specify actions for one button which are dependent on the state of another button (or more likely, switch). This by using what I call ―Compound‖ button programming—though it could equally be ―Conditional‖ or ―Co-operative‖. Anyhow, I use the letter C in the definitions, as follows:

n=CP(+j2,b2)j,b, .... n=CU(+j2,b2)j,b, ...

Chas

Can you add a link to this?

http://www.robainscough.com/Downloads.html

Enjoy,

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

Can you add this to your profile like the ones that are on the natural point forums?

Kevin Humphryes