Sign in to follow this  
Boeing or not going

Removing stock outdated ils approach?

At DNMM the current charts have no ils for 36L and 36R, but the stock airport has an ils for these runways

Only 18L and 18R have an ils approach.

I'd like to remove the 36's because they use the same frequency that the 18 approaches use, is that possible? Thank you

You need to add (install) a new AFCAD (Scenery) for DNMM.  Search the AVSIM library or Google "DNMM Scenery" and you'll find at least one result which updates the the runways to 1L/1R and 19L/19R.  If you need help adding the scenery, you can Google "How to Add Scenery to FSX" and it will provide you with instructions and even a video".

To answer your question about the same frequency... Yes, it's called a Back Course Approach.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

You need to add (install) a new AFCAD (Scenery) for DNMM.  Search the AVSIM library or Google "DNMM Scenery" and you'll find at least one result which updates the the runways to 1L/1R and 19L/19R.  If you need help adding the scenery, you can Google "How to Add Scenery to FSX" and it will provide you with instructions and even a video".

To answer your question about the same frequency... Yes, it's called a Back Course Approach.

I have the DNMM from Simmarket, but even the default files have 36L and R afcad approaches listed. In the current charts there are no ils approaches listed for DNMM but all the afcad files including some in the avsim library, have them listed when I open up the bgl files in AFX.

If they were just back course approaches, they wouldn't be a 36L and R navaid listed for those runways with their own ILS identifier. The 18 L and R runways would have "back course" checked in AFX which they do. So I'd like to remove the 36L and R ILS approaches from the addon airport afcad file. But I try and delete them and it says "cannot delete default approach files" in AFX

Then you'll have to contact the development for an updaye, or if the use an AFCAD in their scenery you can edit it with ADE.

Best wishes.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.