Sign in to follow this  
TimSmith18

Airbus FCU would not initialise

1. 2.7.0 (254)

2. Aerosoft Airbus

3. FSX 2.1

4. Aerosoft Airbus 1.31

5. Trying to get my new FCU to work with aircraft in FSX

6. My FCU is now in manufacturer state "Dream Supplier". I have enabled MCP with Airbus FCU in Linda, along with COM10 which i doubled checked in Device Manager. I have left Linda running with Aerosoft Airbus profile, open up FSX, the FCU flashes once but still see the "Dream Supplier" rather than "Fly Now" (which I have seen in videos on youtube). Loaded the aircraft and checked the Console for any red errors which didnt come up

LUA.1:  *************************** STARTING LINDA **************************
LUA.1:  [sTART] LINDA Loading...
LUA.1:  [sTART] VRInsight MCP Set = mcp2a
LUA.1:  [sTART] *************************************************************
LUA.1:  [sTART] New Aircraft Selected - restarting...
LUA.1:  [sTART] Aircraft: Airbus A320 British Airways G-EUUU
LUA.1:  [sTART] Air file: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus A320 IAE\A320.AIR
LUA.1:  [sTART] Aircraft module detected: Aerosoft Airbus
LUA.0:  [iNIT] Starting Initialisation...
LUA.0:  [iNIT] loading optional library: linda/libs/lib-aivlasoft
LUA.0:  [LIB] AivlaSoft library loaded...
LUA.0:  [iNIT] loading optional library: linda/libs/lib-ATC
LUA.0:  [LIB] ATC library loaded...
LUA.0:  [iNIT] loading optional library: linda/libs/lib-fallback
LUA.0:  [LIB] FSX standard library loaded...
LUA.0:  [iNIT] loading optional library: linda/libs/lib-FS2Crew
LUA.0:  [LIB] FS2Crew library loaded...
LUA.0:  [iNIT] loading optional library: linda/libs/lib-fsx
LUA.0:  [LIB] FSX Functions loaded...
LUA.0:  [iNIT] loading optional library: linda/libs/lib-IVAO
LUA.0:  [LIB] IVAO library loaded...
LUA.0:  [iNIT] loading optional library: linda/libs/lib-realityxp
LUA.0:  [LIB] RealityXP library loaded...
LUA.0:  [iNIT] loading optional library: linda/libs/lib-saitek
LUA.0:  [iNIT] loading optional library: linda/libs/lib-user
LUA.0:  [LIB] User Library loaded...
LUA.0:  [iNIT] loading optional library: linda/libs/lib-VATSIM
LUA.0:  [LIB] VATSIM library loaded...
LUA.0:  [iNIT] loading optional library: linda/libs/lib-vrinsight
LUA.0:  [LIB] VRInsight Function Library loaded...
LUA.0:  [iNIT] loading optional library: linda/libs/lib-weather
LUA.0:  [LIB] Weather library loaded...
LUA.0:  [iNIT] loading optional library: linda/libs/lib-a2amap
LUA.0:  [LIB] A2A MAP library loaded...
LUA.0:  [iNIT] Initializing Common Variables...
LUA.0:  [iNIT] User GLOBAL config loaded...
LUA.0:  [uSER] User's modifications script is loaded...
LUA.0:  [iNIT] User FUNCTIONS loaded...
LUA.0:  [iNIT] VRI MCP config loaded...
LUA.0:  [iNIT] Finalising Initialisation...
LUA.0:  [iNIT] Initialising HID devices...
LUA.0:  [COMM] DSP Mode 1
LUA.0:  [COMM] Checking VRI
LUA.0:  [COMM] Enabling VRI
LUA.0:  [COMM] ConnectMCP - Connecting to MCP Panel...
LUA.0:  [COMM] ConnectMCP completed - 384633492
LUA.0:  [COMM] InitMCP - Initialising MCP...
LUA.0:  [COMM] Initializing MCP2a (Airbus) - Airbus Aircraft...
LUA.0:  [COMM] RADIOS : Empty command for :: COM1 Select
LUA.0:  [COMM] InitMCP - completed
LUA.0:  [COMM] MCP Started...
LUA.0:  [COMM] Starting Saitek Panels ..
LUA.0:  [iNIT] Module: Aerosoft Airbus Started...
LUA.0:  [iNIT] Initiating Autosave true
LUA.0:  [iNIT] Ready to go, Captain!
LUA.0:  [iNIT] ***************************************************************

Hi Tim

Welcome to LINDA. You are flying a combination of aircraft and FCU that I regularly use. I have looked carefully through your log and everything appears to be running correctly. Can you check that vrsim.exe is not running and that you have the VRInsight drivers installed?

COM10 looks a little high but you have checked that in Device Manager. Do you have the corresponding entry in FSUIPC4.ini? Try loading a default aircraft like the C172 or Beechcraft 58 and see if the MCP2a responses on start up.

Let me know how you get on. I am away from my system for the next week but I will see how I can help.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Hi Tim

Welcome to LINDA. You are flying a combination of aircraft and FCU that I regularly use. I have looked carefully through your log and everything appears to be running correctly. Can you check that vrsim.exe is not running and that you have the VRInsight drivers installed?

COM10 looks a little high but you have checked that in Device Manager. Do you have the corresponding entry in FSUIPC4.ini? Try loading a default aircraft like the C172 or Beechcraft 58 and see if the MCP2a responses on start up.

Let me know how you get on. I am away from my system for the next week but I will see how I can help.

Evening

Yes I got a wide combination of aircraft I have in my FSX hangar! Everytime I open both Linda or FSX, Linda actually reports unable to open com10 but when I go to Fly Now (FSX) its connected. I know Com10 is high, but I have checked in Device Manager (apparently COM3 is in use :s) I have the [VRInsight] 1=com10 entry in my FSUPIC. I have tried loading a default C172 and still wouldnt work. I have downloaded the drivers from VRInsight (http://vrinsight.com/devel_shot/). I can confirm via Task Manager that VRSIM.exe is not running any processes

I have tried to use the hardware with the VRI software that came with it, and it works perfectly by using SerialFP2, so unable to think of any reason to why Linda wont cooperate with MCP2a at all. I will investigate and try different methods to get it to work. 

At the moment, the MCP2a doesnt change to Fly Now when running FSX, just the default manufacturer message.

Hi Tim

Can I suggest you search for deleting unused com devices in Windows? Every time Windows has a new device it will add a unique ID and increment the COM port numbers. This should allow you to select a lower COM Port for the VRI.

I am away for another week so I can't sit down and work through your issue. Prompt me again then.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Hi Tim

Can I suggest you search for deleting unused com devices in Windows? Everyone Windows has a new device it will add a unique ID and increment the COM port numbers. This should allow you to select a lower COM Port for the VRI.

I am away for another week so I can't sit down and work through your issue. Prompt me again then.

I have actually managed to change the COM device number for my MCP2a from 10 to 1

HI Scot

Just further info whilst you are away from PC...

I managed to work my MCP2a with VRINSIGHT software and works like a charm. Obviously VRSIM doesnt offer flexibility when it comes to user assigning buttons to each preferences.

I have Linda 2.7.0 in modules, and to test I used the Aerosoft Airbus from this forum, place it in correctly in their respectable folders. I open Linda software running before starting FSX, the MCP2a flashes but still get the default message rather than "Fly Now" which I thought is a bit strange and I select an aerosoft airbus aircraft proceed to Fly Now. I have reloaded the LUA engine many times to get the MCP2a to initialised but nothing is faring. I have VRSIM drivers downloaded from their website along with the MCP2a modules as well. I have checked to see any traces of VRSIM processes is not running in background. Having done all that, nothing is working 

Hi Tim

I have compared your log file with my own for the Airbus and all appears correct. If you are getting the VRSIM.exe software to work with your MCP2a (Airbus) then it should work with LINDA. Try these steps (I may repeat some checks you have already done):

1. You need to ensure that VRSIM.exe is not running.
  2. Open LINDA and select the Setup MCP Combo page.
  3. Ensure Enabled Ticked, Type = FCU (Airbus), Com port = 1.
  4. Ensure all is OK under the Flt Sim / FSUIPC4 Config.
  5. Close FSX and LINDA.
  6. Switch on MCP2a panel. Displays "FCU-Combo/Airbus Type v1.100, VRinsight, Flight Dream Supplier".
  7. Start FSX and then LINDA.
  8. As LINDA initialises with new aircraft it should flash and then display LINDA Init... and the Aircraft type before clearing and display the flight data.
  9. Load Aerosoft Airbus. This causes LINDA to re-initialise and repeat step 8.

Check out this YouTube video.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrH6ZWrGNsU

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

6.Switch on MCP2a panel. Displays "FCU-Combo/Airbus Type v1.100, VRinsight, Flight Dream Supplier".

7.Start FSX and then LINDA.

8.As LINDA initialises with new aircraft it should flash and then display LINDA Init... and the Aircraft type before clearing and display the flight data.

9.Load Aerosoft Airbus. This causes LINDA to re-initialise and repeat step 8

Checked previous steps 1 to 5, all fine but with step 7 and 8, my FCU doesnt say "LINDA Init" just stuck on Flight Dream Supplier.

I installed base package, FCU modules. Would it be possible that Linda doesnt work if I install the panel from the VRSIM Panel/Aircraft Setup

The only way I can not get my FCU to initialise is if the VRSIM.exe is running. I do have the base package installed but I ensure that it is not started with FSX or through FSUIPC4. Please email a copy of your FSUIPC4.ini file to linda@awginfosys.net.

The other thing I would like you to try is to turn on full LINDA debug. Locate and edit the file config-vri.lua file (in fix/modules/linda-cfg/system). Change line DEBUG=1 to =2, save and restart LINDA.

Also you mentioned early that you start LINDA before FSX. There should be an entry in FSUIPC4.ini to start LINDA automatically.

[Programs]

RunIf1=KILL, C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\modules\linda.exe

Thank you for emailing the FSUIPC4.ini file. What is the BBSA330.lua file you have in modules? Try changing the extension to .tmp and remove the line from FSUIPC4.ini under [Luafiles]. Rename following entry numbers accordingly.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Thank you for emailing the FSUIPC4.ini file. What is the BBSA330.lua file you have in modules? Try changing the extension to .tmp and remove the line from FSUIPC4.ini under [Luafiles]. Rename following entry numbers accordingly.

I believe that was the Blackbox Sim A330 that I had a while ago.

Where do I place the [Programs] code?

The [programs] block can go anywhere but put it under the [luafiles] block.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Start FSX and LINDA. Change to the Aerosoft Airbus. Email me the fsuipc4.log file.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

you got mail

Received and studying. Will get back to you.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK