Sign in to follow this  
Guest Gordius

Merging Panel

Guest ZOTAN

I just downloaded the IFDG A318 and would like to merge my PMDG 737-600 panel with it. How would i do this?Thanks

>I just downloaded the IFDG A318 and would like to merge my>PMDG 737-600 panel with it. How would i do this?>>Thanks:-hmmm :-hmmm :-hmmmWhy do you want to use a Boeing panel in an Airbus?I think most of us uses Airbus panels for Airbus planes and Boeing panels for Boeing planes. Thus I think you will have difficulties to get a good answer. ;-)http://www.scandicair.com/images/as_banner.jpg

Staffan

Guest ZOTAN

Well there arent any good Airbus panels out there and Im already familar with the 737NG. If theres a panel of equal quality to the PMDG 737NG out there for the A318, let me know. Otherwise Im gona stick with the Boeing panel.

If I understand you correctly you want to alias the Boeing panel to the Airbus aircraft.I couldn't find anything about aliasing here in AVSim but this explains aliasing - very simple, really.http://www.simviation.com/lair/aliasing1.htmEdit: that looks like it's designed more for FS98/00 but the principle is the same for FS02 and 04. This is a panel.cfg for a 737-700 that is aliased to my default 737-400:(fltsim)alias=B737_400panelYou can probably find a couple of default aircraft that are already aliased to other panels but that's pretty much all there is to it.

Guest Ozark Dogfighter

PLEASE no!I'm not going to pick sides on the Airbus/Boeing wars, and I don't have the PMDG 737, BUT I have a good panel for my a320-series birds that suits me fine. I use Eric Marciano's a320 panel (a320_v22.zip and the patch a320_v22_patch.zip) and Stefan Leppek's textures (StefanLeppek.zip), and don't forget to use NavData (nd2k_13.zip).These are more than enough for me, just remember it's freeware. But PLEASE don't put a 737 panel in an a320!? Just seems "odd" to me. Sure the PMDG panel is awesome, but...to each his own I reckon.[a href=http://emarciano.free.fr]Eric's Site[/a] has some more info. Good luck!-Jeremy BurchThe Ozark DogfighterHappy Flying!Pilot-The friction locks are causing the throttle levers to stick.Mechanic- Umm, that's what they're there for...

>I just downloaded the IFDG A318 and would like to merge my>PMDG 737-600 panel with it. How would i do this?>>ThanksThis is one really odd request... :-erks

Guest Gordius

>Whats wrong with the PSS A320 panel :-hmmm ...surely the best>option.>>

>regards>>Ed>>

http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/129637.jpg>>AMD Athlon 64 3500+, 1024Mb PC3200 DDR, 300Gb HD >128Mb DDR Nvidia 6600GT PCI Express, Audigy 2 ZS>CH Products Yoke, Pedals and Throttle QuadrantJust a wild guess here. Who said he owns the PSS A320? Not him Yes the EM panel is excellent but lacking an FMC. He could pay for the PSS A320 just for the panel but having opted for a freeware A318 ........Andrew Brownhttp://www.gordiusfs.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Guest vrandar

"He could pay for the PSS A320 just for the panel but having opted for a freeware A318...."The PSS panel merged with the iFDG model and flight dynamics is th ebest Airbus combination available at the moment in my opinion. It does mean spending a bit of cash to get the panel but it's worth it.

>I'm not going to pick sides on the Airbus/Boeing wars, and I don't >have the PMDG 737, BUT I have a good panel for my a320-series birds >that suits me fine. I use Eric Marciano's a320 panel (a320_v22.zip >and the patch a320_v22_patch.zip) and Stefan Leppek's textures >(StefanLeppek.zip), and don't forget to use NavData (nd2k_13.zip).How did you get this to work, first I overode my GPS_export.dll and had to go through my FS9 cds to get the original one back, second, when I loaded my A320 with the panel, I got a a320.gau problem and FS9 crashed. Any advice?Jeff

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

Guest Ozark Dogfighter

Yeah, you don't want to replace the GPS_export.dll, FS likes the standard one better :)Second, after you load up FS, load up a different aircraft, even default Cessna will work fine, and enter the registry key for Eric's a320.gau in FSUIPC. A320.gau by Eric MarcianoKEY = VSB5 4OK5 UVWNOther than that, just make sure you've patched the panel properly, it really is a great panel. Good luck, Jeff!-Jeremy BurchThe Ozark DogfighterHappy Flying!Pilot-The friction locks are causing the throttle levers to stick.Mechanic- Umm, that's what they're there for...