Sign in to follow this  
andreadebiase

shopping for weather engine

I might be mistaken, but I believe the new REX Weather Engine will work with PMDG (and all other) products which contain weather radars.

Best not to make assumptions. The only product currently supported for the weather radar is ASN. If that changes, it will be announced.

Kyle Rodgers

Does ASN work with FSUIPC and widefs?.

I am looking for a weather engine that can run on my second PC and inject the weather to the fsx (sim) PC.

Does ASN work with FSUIPC and widefs?.

I am looking for a weather engine that can run on my second PC and inject the weather to the fsx (sim) PC.

It works through SimConnect. There's an entire section of their manual devoted to this...one of the many reasons to read those pesky things...

Kyle Rodgers

My vote is ASN for weather and rex for textures. I used to use rex as my weather engine, before I discovered ASN and I hd massive problems with sudden weather injections which would literally make the PMDG 737 literally do a barrell roll, sudden overspeeds and other issues. This was despite the fact I used FSUIPC to smooth the winds and so on. Since buying ASN all those problems went away and in the documentation it tells you NOT to use the wind smoothing in FSUIPC because they have coded it in a real clever way.

Thomas Derbyshire

I can say positively that with TD + ASN w/SC, I will not use anything else for textures and weather in my fs. Once you experience the weather generated by ASN, it's like night and day. I guarantee you'll love it. And once you fly with it, you'll never want to fly without it. There is nothing better than sitting on the tarmac waiting for boarding/loading and watching the fog roll in as buildings disappear one at a time.