Sign in to follow this  
cavaricooper

I can't wash the oil out of my jeans anymore!

Hello all:

I found this video, that clearly explains why six hands are needed to operate the DC-6.

I think it is from one of the very last operators of cargo DC-6's into Miami from the Caribbean.

It is possible to understand the crew over the noise of the engines (and a bit of a latin accent) as they go through the checks.

Enjoy!

Roberto

• Upvote 1

Roberto Stopnicki

Toronto, Canada

The guy in the jump seat is simulated in the PMDG DC-6, and we have a couple of RW pilots advising what the flight engineer should be and shouldn't be doing.

• Upvote 1

Dan Downs KCRP

I was loading more fish at YAK this afternoon, and thought this the perfect angle to show that the wheels really do sit on the ground....

DC-6C_1_zpsz4btmont.png

This is PAKT (a tiny bit less detail than the Orbx version).... ;)

• Upvote 1

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

I don't really know what ( many ) contributions from the PMDG Dev team may have been important to the advances in X-plane 10, but I do about at least one, not from the Dev team, we all owe to Murmur, and has direct implications in the dc-6, and any prop aircraft modeled in X-Plane - the solution to the infamous torque bug.

For years developers used many strategies to overcome the limitations imposed by that core flight dynamics bug, and truth is we can now create good prop aircraft that behave very plausibly, even using only RW data and plane maker ... Being a 4 engine multiprop, PMDG owes 4x to Murmur :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Jose-

I do NOT want you to derail this thread.... so, let me just say native XPL (in the most current version) still leaves a LOT of work for PMDG to do.  OK- BACK TO THE -6 PLEASE...

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper