Sign in to follow this  
Dragonmount

How do I make FSX the right time on startup?

The only way I know of making FSX be the right time when I start up, is move it to my home airport and then to the airport I want to fly, is there an easier way of doing this?

Do you have "Use System Time for Free Flight" checked in your settings?

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

If by "right time" you mean the GMT shown in the sim is the same as actual UTC, the only way is to have your default flight in the same time zone as the one in which your system is physically located.  The easier way would be via an add-on such as FS Realtime which will force the FSX GMT to match current UTC.  Alternatively simply change the time in the settings.

scott s.

There's a checkbox in FSUIPC Miscellaneous which will make it correct for the timezone based on GMT.  I honestly prefer to fly as if it was the same time there as it is where I am.  Feels weird to fly in Australia in the dark when it's daytime here.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

You mean you want to open FSX with your custom default flight and have your actual date time and season?

Sorry i do not remember the names well because do it "robotically"

Locate a Default flight on Documents/FSX folder, that contains all the parameters of the default flight (open the file with notepad)

Locate a line that says Time= Date= Season= and delete all this entries.

Remember to backup 

Cheers :)

N.-

The only way I know of making FSX be the right time when I start up, is move it to my home airport and then to the airport I want to fly, is there an easier way of doing this?

Setup your default flight to your home airport (Which I presume is the same timezone you live). Make sure in the general settings, you are set to System time. Then whenever you startup FSX it will start at your home airport with the same local time as where you live, When you move to another airport the time will be relative to that timezone. So for example if you live in the EDT timezone and the time is 15:00 FSX will start at your home airport (You won't have to load the flight) at that local time.  If you then want to fly out of KLAX for example it will adjust local time to 12:00. Current time in Los Angeles (PDT)

• Upvote 1

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Setup your default flight to your home airport (Which I presume is the same timezone you live). Make sure in the general settings, you are set to System time. Then whenever you startup FSX it will start at your home airport with the same local time as where you live, When you move to another airport the time will be relative to that timezone. So for example if you live in the EDT timezone and the time is 15:00 FSX will start at your home airport (You won't have to load the flight) at that local time.  If you then want to fly out of KLAX for example it will adjust local time to 12:00. Current time in Los Angeles (PDT)

I'm sorry, that just makes too much sense! :wink:   There are those that, no matter where they start their flight in

the world, they want it to match where they are sitting at their computer.  If I want that, I just change the

time before I hit Fly Now!

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

I second FSREALTIME. Simple yet fantastic program that you can get for a donation. You choose what to pay.

I believe its $10 minimum

ZORAN