Sign in to follow this  
TheFlightSimGuy

First DTG Flight School Airport Announced - KPRC

What a nice surprise. Good choice by DTG.

First airport ?

what about rest of world airports ?

if I recall correctly, they all exist. Infact more than existed in FSX and P3D. Not in this kind of detail, but of course I wouldnt expect DTG to model every airport in the world in this kind of detail. 

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

Look at that ugly, overused Piper! Wonderful!

- Bill Magann

Look at that ugly, overused Piper! Wonderful!

Typical flight school fashion!  :P

Then again, it is housed at a dirt strip, either way its wonderful!

Josh Daniels-Johannson

if I recall correctly, they all exist. Infact more than existed in FSX and P3D.

Given that it is based on FSX, I doubt it has more than the 24,000 or so that exist in FSX/P3D

Given that it is based on FSX, I doubt it has more than the 24,000 or so that exist in FSX/P3D

FSX is the platform, not the product. DTG have said multiple times that they are updating the world, looking to correct things like runway headings, and the world. So I wouldn't exclude the possibility of adding additional airports.

Josh Daniels-Johannson

There are a lot of airspace restrictions to consider when flying from EGLM. I wonder if Flight School will cover this...

And I wish Dovetail Games would have altered the colour of the grass runways. They're brown like in FSX/P3D. I have been to many airfields with a grass strip. All these strips were green. It's grass after all isn't it?

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

First airport ?

what about rest of world airports ?

There are lots of airports in DTG Flight School. The core lessons of the sim are based around two Flight Schools - Waltham Flying Club (EGLM) and Eagle Pilot School (KPRC). The screenshot above is a first look at them, not airports in general. 

I hope that clears up the confusion. 

- Martin 

There are a lot of airspace restrictions to consider when flying from EGLM. I wonder if Flight School will cover this...

And I wish Dovetail Games would have altered the colour of the grass runways. They're brown like in FSX/P3D. I have been to many airfields with a grass strip. All these strips were green. It's grass after all isn't it?

There are restrictions around EGLM like you say Rimshot. We have made sure that the lessons take place in correct airspace. 

In terms of the grass we have made it brown for a very good reason, our playtesting showed that people had trouble seeing the runway when it was green. It has been made brown so that it is easier to spot from the air. 

- Martin 

There are restrictions around EGLM like you say Rimshot. We have made sure that the lessons take place in correct airspace. 

In terms of the grass we have made it brown for a very good reason, our playtesting showed that people had trouble seeing the runway when it was green. It has been made brown so that it is easier to spot from the air. 

- Martin 

Good to hear about the airspaces Martin. Concerning the runways I figured this is the reason for their brown colour, but in my opinion it looks quite unrealistic and it has always annoyed me a little in FSX and P3D as well. It is a part of real world flying that it can be tricky to spot a runway :smile: I believe the grass runway textures can also be made clearly visible by working with different tints of green with small patches of dirt. In real life a grass runway can look lighter than the surrounding grass for example. Looking at the Google maps sattelite view of EGLM you can easily make out the runways and they're not a completely different colour when compared to the surrounding terrain... Orbx for example did an excellent job with their EGHP Popham airfield and EGHR Chichester airfield. Just my two cents.

I wish you guys all the best preparing for the release.

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS