Sign in to follow this  
AndyCYXU

Sitek Pro Flight Yoke problem

so I just recently got w10 to check it out with P3D and I am having problem with Sitek Pro Flight Yoke.

after some time (depends) 5-10 min yoke is no longer responsive, rudders that are hooked to it they work just fine

I have disabled all power saving non-sense that I could find regarding USB devices including in device manager didn't help nothing

When I start windows seems majority of my devices connected to USB hub and ports seem to be OFF (hub lights go off same with Sitek Yoke), even though ALL power saving features are DISABLED.. anything I could think of in power managment, in device manager for each and every HID device as well as all USB controllers... w10 seems to ignore it totally LOL

they do wake up as soon as I start the sim and they do not shut down.. including the yoke it does not seem to disconnect the green screen with clock or whatever it is, it is always on, just it does not do anything

also to mention I do have a lot of usb devices

there are 10 usb devices that are modules for my cockpit

1 throttle quadrant

others:

webcam, headphones ,logitech unifying receiver,

some are connected to a hub obviously, anyhow the yoke seems to be the only one that craps out on me :(

I think drivers are new for it, device manager what it says:

Mad Catz

9/23/2015

rudder pedals use default whatever windows installed

Saitek

2/15/2008

maybe someone who uses sitek pro flight yoke with pedals could share what it says for their driver version

This problem is only with w10, I have never even bothered installing any drivers with win7 never had any problems so defiantly not P3D fault

idk :(

Any help greatly appriciated

Andy

I had a similar problem with Prepar3d in Windows 10 which eventually turned out to be the Saitek elevator trim wheel that appeared to be causing the problem. The solution is to load Prepar3d with the trim wheel unplugged, only plugging it in once the simulator is running after which everything seems to work fine. I am not using any drivers other than those in Windows 10 itself. I have heard there are new drivers now from Saitek but I have not tried them so far. My other devices are CH Eclipse yoke, a super piece of kit, CH rudder pedals, Saitek TPM unit, again highly recommended, CH 6 lever throttles, M-panel and VR radio stack. Might be worth trying this approach and see if it makes any difference.

hmm ok, thanks, my yoke does not have a trim wheel though,

but on a good note last time when it disconnected or whatever it does to render it useless I paused the sim unplugged it and plugged it back in to USB and it work again didn't disconnect after for the next little while till I shot down p3d.. so there is hope.

sometimes p3d will crash when i unplug it while playing pause seemed to work, so maybe it is some w10+p3d+siatek combo problem

hope it will work out cause i just made a new install of win7+p3d and compared to new install of win10+p3d  i have to admit that w10+p3d is so smooth and i think i got everything maxed out it's just jaw dropping :o , same video drivers fresh install yup win10 wins just if these bugs could be sorted out

Andy

Hi, the point I was trying to make is to start Prepar3d without any Saitek devices, only plugging them in once the simulator is running. It may be a general Saitek issue rather than just the Saitek trim wheel.

Got It !

You very well might be correct !

I will do some more testing but so far so good :) Made a whole circle flight good 25 minutes and nothing disconnected on me :smile:

Second chance for win10 LOL truly amazed by how smooth it is.

Thanks

Andy

Well just for the sake of conversation I did another install and now Siatek never has disconnected didn't even use these drivers from MadCatz, but now my monitors are being stupid, rather P3D is being difficult, despite setting for Full Screen resolutions it decides to change them to whatever it want's to, LOL

so after going to Full Screen in the sim I have to go to windows resolution setup and change them back to what they suppose to be then they stay like they suppose to. :rolleyes:

Oh well little annoying but I can live with that.

Despite the little nuisance I do have to say that with w10 this thing has never been so smooth with all I throw at it.

Here's one happy camper :Tounge:

Andy