Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

I think I am going to start populating FSX/P3D v2 and 3 with 3rdP airports and surrounding photo-real

P3D v2.4

I have never really been into 3rdP airport properties outside of the ORBX culture (I have a ton of those..), frankly never really looked at or invested beyond ORBX. I did this morning...and see just what I was missing....there is an incredible amount of eye-candy and talent, beyond the world of ORBX.  

This morning, I decided to treat myself to a few airports, like this one;  Aerosoft's Daytona Beach.  Quite frankly, I now see what I was missing out on all these years, by only restricting my acquisitions to ORBX......for one thing, I have never ever seen the glow and diffusion coming off their lamps (this is Dawn) like you see here.  It is simply amazing what can be achieved.  My jaw dropped, and I haven't even moved an inch from my first placement at this airport and surrounding features.  I just sat and sipped my coffee, and appreciated the detail of the diffusion and glow of the building and standard lights you see in this shot.  

I also have decided because of my new v2 LatinVFR Key West, LatinVFR South West Florida,  LatinVFR San Jaun (TJST), and this Aerosoft Daytona Beach...and what I see with my own eyes, it brings to the simming table...I have decided to drop some more coin beyond these, and populate many more areas with 3rdP custom airports from Dev's, other than merely ORBX.  I see the visual value, and exactly....what I was so missing out on....

So...I'm going to put down my coffee...and throttle up the StationAir 6...and see my new purchase, on the ground, and in the air, first-hand...and I still can't get over those lights...I have never seen the like..even with anything inside ORBX...never!  Wow.....

Cheers!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2016_4_23_21_34_42_396.png

I'll just post these few shots...but I have never seen detail like this before....the airport property is massive, with all the sliders up...and the Aerosoft Configuration software at its max visual settings, I am still about to pop close to 30 FPS...so you should too, with a competent system. I have never seen detail like this...plane upon plane, upon plane at the G.A...and this is only one area of the G.A. property.  Wow....I'm on my way to the active, and I shut off the progressive taxi to take this shot...but I can't wait to fly over the Daytona Raceway with actual cars racing upon the track...lots of stuff went into this release, besides just the airport, proper.  

Back to the taxi to active...
Cheers

2016_4_23_21_51_41_133.png

2016_4_23_22_1_33_363.png

2016_4_23_22_14_40_603.png

2016_4_23_22_16_12_566.png

2016_4_23_22_16_40_62.png

Very nice shots!

I also own a ton of FTX airports / regions, and of course I've flown a lot in those regions. But indeed, there is a world that exists outside of them as well, even for us who prefer smaller GA aircraft.

I tend to like areas where I can make short flights from airport to airport, so I appreciate having airports concentrated in single regions. One of the areas which I've found to be very rewarding is Hawaii. Great freeware (there's a + version available for a small fee, totally worth it) photoscenery from the Hawaii Photoreal Project, complete with trees and houses. And between the larger airports being done quite well (if a bit aged) by FSDT, and the smaller strips as (superb) freeware from George Keogh, almost every airport in the chain is covered. Combine it with ASN + REX, and it's seriously screenshot heaven. :wink:

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

I tend to like areas where I can make short flights from airport to airport, so I appreciate having airports concentrated in single regions. One of the areas which I've found to be very rewarding is Hawaii. Great freeware (there's a + version available for a small fee, totally worth it) photoscenery from the Hawaii Photoreal Project, complete with trees and houses. And between the larger airports being done quite well (if a bit aged) by FSDT, and the smaller strips as (superb) freeware from George Keogh, almost every airport in the chain is covered. Combine it with ASN + REX, and it's seriously screenshot heaven.

Wow.  That looks really nice.  I wish that Active Sky would make the clouds that hang over the mountains all day long.  It'd be near perfect.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Yeah...why I only restricted myself to ORBX...for the life of me, now...I don't have an answer to that.   I'm still here at Aerosoft's Daytona Beach...ready to explore all the photo-real that comes with this package...and the best is to get out of my amphib...and climb into this...

Having a blast. After I am done...I think a trip to the flight store is in order...for I have a few Dev's in my sights....:)

Cheers,

2016_4_23_22_59_48_826.png