Sign in to follow this  
smithmi

md-11

2  lets  see  how  far this  goes

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Just when I thought I've seen everything, a post with one digit. They ought to lock this one right away based on that.

Sean Campbell

• Upvote 1

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I am going to do it .. Going into the romantic twilight zone.... Its a wonderfull plane that PMDG did.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand I love it,

I desire in P3D with working Radar and terrain Radar the PMDG MD-11.. 

And dear reader...

Se this video,,  hear the music..... and REACT....

Good spring to all and I look forward to the Queen of the skies..... also...

Jens

Jens Michlas
Frederiksberg, Copenhagen
Denmark

Was it just the KLM MD-11s which used tape-style engine information graphics on the MFD rather than circular graphics?

Mark Robinson

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

hear the music

I wish the creators of these videos would cut the loud music so we can hear what's going on. Once I got to the cockpit part I had to turn it off.

• Upvote 1

David Porrett

I wish the creators of these videos would cut the loud music so we can hear what's going on. Once I got to the cockpit part I had to turn it off.

Come on DavidP :yahoo:   .... Yes I know.... Engine sounds wonderfull and especially there is something with thoose MD-11 engine sounds they are hypnotizeing...

BUT - this aint the name of the game in this video..

This is party.... wonderful music... banking between mountains... spectacular scenery....

Jens  :wink:

• Upvote 1

Jens Michlas
Frederiksberg, Copenhagen
Denmark

This is party.... wonderful music... banking between mountains... spectacular scenery....

I guess some people just like to hear the interaction between crew members, interaction with ATC, not the latest head banging rave music - if I wanted that I'd tune into the latest music video channel -  but I guess that's just me.

• Upvote 2

David Porrett

(i'm really intrigued where this goes)

Mornington Crescent

ki9cAAb.jpg

I am going to do it .. Going into the romantic twilight zone.... Its a wonderfull plane that PMDG did.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand I love it,

I desire in P3D with working Radar and terrain Radar the PMDG MD-11.. 

And dear reader...

Se this video,,  hear the music..... and REACT....

Good spring to all and I look forward to the Queen of the skies..... also...

Jens

Not going to happen. PMDG have said in the past, that the MD-11 did not sell well and that is their reason for not selling it any more and not re-doing it. But I find this hard to believe, every simmer I know has and loves the MD-11. I think they are not telling the full truth, that the source files and work on the MD-11 was done by someone who is not on the team any longer, and they would need to start from scratch again. This is my theory at least, but it is disappointing as the MD-11 is a beautiful aircraft and rivals the 747 in my eyes for "Queen" of the skies. But we will sadly never get a fully modelled with all the latest tech Md-11. Sad face. - David Lee

• Upvote 2

But I find this hard to believe, every simmer I know has and loves the MD-11. I think they are not telling the full truth, that the source files and work on the MD-11 was done by someone who is not on the team any longer, and they would need to start from scratch again. This is my theory at least, but it is disappointing as the MD-11 is a beautiful aircraft and rivals the 747 in my eyes for "Queen" of the skies. But we will sadly never get a fully modelled with all the latest tech Md-11. Sad face. - David Lee
David, I agree with you. Something is not quite right with what PMDG is saying about the MD-11.
  • Upvote 1

Not going to happen. PMDG have said in the past, that the MD-11 did not sell well and that is their reason for not selling it any more and not re-doing it. But I find this hard to believe, every simmer I know has and loves the MD-11. I think they are not telling the full truth, that the source files and work on the MD-11 was done by someone who is not on the team any longer, and they would need to start from scratch again. This is my theory at least, but it is disappointing as the MD-11 is a beautiful aircraft and rivals the 747 in my eyes for "Queen" of the skies. But we will sadly never get a fully modelled with all the latest tech Md-11. Sad face. - David Lee

I'm pretty sure the source-code files belong to PMDG and not to the person who did the code. Standard procedure for anyone working in the software industry.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

David, I agree with you. Something is not quite right with what PMDG is saying about the MD-11.

I don't see why there should be anything wrong. No doubt most hardcore simming enthusiasts have the MD-11, but that doesn't mean it sold as well with the wider public as the 747 or the 737. The enthusiasts who log in here and similar sites are only a fraction of the PMDG market.

I'm pretty sure the source-code files belong to PMDG and not to the person who did the code. Standard procedure for anyone working in the software industry.

This is true, but sometimes even the person who wrote the code can't remember how it works a few months later. Source code for languages like C++ can be hard to understand, even if it is well commented, which it usualy isn't. Old fashioned linear code is much more readable. Imagine how hard it is for someone who didn't write it. Anyway, I don't think David's theory holds water. It's down to a lack sales, nothing else.

• Upvote 1

ki9cAAb.jpg