Sign in to follow this  
Arndt777

Loading Flight stops at 'Loading Terrain Data' (6%)

Hello,

in the last days I am having the problem, that loading a flight is stopping at 'loading terrain data' at 6%. Then the only solution is to restart the computer.

I have no idea concerning the reason for this problem. I haven't intalled any new scenery or software.

Is someone able to help?

Regards

Arndt

Arndt Laube

P3Dv4.5 and P3Dv5

Brunner CLS-E Yoke & Rudder, 2x Logitech Throttle, several GoFlight modules

Intel i7 9700K, 16 GB RAM, Geforce 1080Ti, monitors 3840 x 2160 and 1360 x 768

If it is only in the last few days, you could always try a System Restore from prior to when the problem started? Maybe a file has become corrupted?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Are you sure the loading is frozen, how long do you wait ?  The 6% pause is a known  "feature" of the FS family of sims. It grows longer with added sceneries. The more you have, the more you wait. Very large addons with numerous small files (typically a mesh) could make it dreadful. The only cure that I've found is a SSD. 

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Mine does the same thing if its the first start from a reboot of the PC. I stops at 6% for about 2-3 mins but I have a lot of scenery. After that each restart of the sim start of instantly. My advice is wait a few minutes expecially if you are starting from a reboot

Some times the first start of the day takes a little longer. When was the last time You cleaned out Your Caches, and did a Good old Defrag??? I do it ounce a week, and use Glary Utilitys, and Auslogics for the Defrag. always seems to Help especially Loading !! Johnman B)

Yes, mine stays @ 6% for a while when I load the first flight of the day, but it is much quicker after that. I assumed that Arndt was aware of that, but maybe not....

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Yes, Like all others say. I'm my case it was "FS Global Ultimate mesh". If I disabled it, it took very little time, if not it can take over 5 minutes...

I recently got a bigger SSD and put everything there, so now the pause is only a few seconds, not that much of an annoyance...

Thank you for your comments!

I was surprised, because I didn't have this problem before. And now it is there, without installing new sceneries etc. Strange!

Right now I am already waiting more than four minutes...

Only restarting the computer and deleting the shaders cache seems to help.

Best regards

Arndt 

Arndt Laube

P3Dv4.5 and P3Dv5

Try doing a "repair" of the P3D or FSX installation. I can tell that P3D has an option to repair a previously installed version, in case it is desirable. If you're running P3Dv3, try repairing using only the Client Installer.

Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Ed, thank you for your hint!

I made a repair (P3D 3.2.3), but unfortunately there is no improvement. 

Maybe, I should go for a complete reinstall.

Right now, without erasing the contents of the shaders cache, it is impossible to load a flight.

Arndt

Arndt Laube

P3Dv4.5 and P3Dv5

This pause is a check if I am not  mistaken. So maybe one of your sceneries got corrupted.. Try to untick all your addons in the scenery library. See if if it works then tick them in one by one rechecking each time. It would be shorter than a reinstall if you have a small number of addons.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

.....or a System Restore to a date before this problem started.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png