Sign in to follow this  
danmand

Battery Drain with GPU selected

Just purchased the TBM and was trying to setup a flight.  I switched on the GPU so I could setup my flight plan in the G1000 without draining the battery.

It took a while as I was taking the opportunity to learn the aircraft as well.  After approx 20 minutes the battery died and all the avionics shut down.

Does the GPU not work on this plane even though the message on the PFD said battery off while in GPU mode?

Do I need to do anything else besides selecting GPU on the overhead?

When the battery dies, is there any way to get it working again besides restarting P3D?

Thanks for the help!

Dan

I doubt Carenado modeled the GPU to work as it should.  To prevent the battery from dying, start up the engine; there are only a small number of tasks to perform before you start up the engine anyway.  20 minutes is much too long to delay starting the engine.  The rest you can perform after the engine is running.  When the battery dies, and you don't want to restart the sim, see if P3D has a "reload aircraft" or some such command and simply reload the aircraft.

Stew

"Different dog, different fleas"

Ok.  Yea, I wanted to use the GPU instead of starting the engine so I didn't waste all that fuel. 

Oh well, it's just virtual money anyway :smile:

Thanks!

Dan