Sign in to follow this  
Paul12

CDU coroute problem

After a create a flightplan using PFPX I export it.By default if goes into a folder  c:\FSX\PMDG\FlightPlan\NGX\PMDG\FlightPlan\NGX

In order to have it work in the PMDG-737 CDU ( as coroute ) I need to copy the created flightplan to a folder

c\CrucialFolder\FSX\PMDG\FlightPlan\NGX

Therefore I wonder if I could modify the PMDG-737 so that the coroute accepts the plan from

c|CrucialFolder\FSX\PMDG\FlightPlan\NGX

I would hate to remove everything and reinstall l from scratch

Thank you for your help

Hubert Werni

Herbert Werni

You should try changing the location in PFPX, which has a settings option for this, rather than trying to change the PMDG default flightplan location.  Open the PFPX export window and make the appropriate changes. See also the PFPX forum on help using it.

Dan Downs KCRP

Therefore I wonder if I could modify the PMDG-737 so that the coroute accepts the plan from

Instead of asking us to completely modify the way our aircraft looks at our folder structure, why not ask the program that exports the file for our aircraft to use our folder structure?

In other words, point PFPX to the correct location and you'll be fine.

Kyle Rodgers

Instead of asking us to completely modify the way our aircraft looks at our folder structure, why not ask the program that exports the file for our aircraft to use our folder structure?

In other words, point PFPX to the correct location and you'll be fine.

I already did but the answer did not provide the solution.

Herbert Werni

I already did but the answer did not provide the solution.

I highly doubt that. If you did, it would work. I know this for a fact because mine works without issue.

Full names in the forum, please.

Kyle Rodgers

After a create a flightplan using PFPX I export it.By default if goes into a folder  c:\FSX\PMDG\FlightPlan\NGX\PMDG\FlightPlan\NGX

In order to have it work in the PMDG-737 CDU ( as coroute ) I need to copy the created flightplan to a folder

c\CrucialFolder\FSX\PMDG\FlightPlan\NGX

I would hate to remove everything and reinstall l from scratch

Thank you for your help

Hubert Werni

I posted the answer on the PFPX forum.

You then created another post containing different data.

As for c:\FSX\PMDG\FlightPlan\NGX\PMDG\FlightPlan\NGX been the default path that is not correct and would be resolved by correcting your 'FSX Folder ' path as posted.

I highly doubt that. If you did, it would work. I know this for a fact because mine works without issue.

Full names in the forum, please.

By the way,mine worked too about a year ago,it seems there is a mix up with folders which causes the issue :

The situation is the following :

#1  PFPX EXPORTS only to   :  c:/FSX/PMDG/Flightplans/NGX/PMDG/Flightplans/NGX

#2 The PMDG 737 coroute excepts only data from  c:/CrucialFolder/FSX/PMDG/Flightplans/NGX

Therefore I have to copy the flight plan

If I could " force " PFPX to export to c:/CrucialFolder/FSX/PMDG/Flightplans/NGX I would be in business.

Since I really like PFPX I hope to resolve this issue.

HubertWerni

Herbert Werni

#1  PFPX EXPORTS only to   :  c:/FSX/PMDG/Flightplans/NGX/PMDG/Flightplans/NGX

No. It doesn't. It imports to the folder you set up. If it's importing to that folder, it's because you set your FSX root folder to c:/FSX/PMDG/Flightplans/NGX instead of c:/FSX. This is incorrect and will result in the behaviour you describe.

#2 The PMDG 737 coroute excepts only data from  c:/CrucialFolder/FSX/PMDG/Flightplans/NGX

As it should.

If I could " force " PFPX to export to c:/CrucialFolder/FSX/PMDG/Flightplans/NGX I would be in business.

You can. See above.

Kyle Rodgers

No. It doesn't. It imports to the folder you set up. If it's importing to that folder, it's because you set your FSX root folder to c:/FSX/PMDG/Flightplans/NGX instead of c:/FSX. This is incorrect and will result in the behaviour you describe.

As it should.

You can. See above.

Hello,

I would appreciate if you can tell me how you set up FSX and the PMDG-737 as it seems I have too many

directories and I will do a "clean up"

I installed FSX in the default mode,then ( as I read one should not install the PMDG-737 but rather create a new directory   )

I created a directory call FSX but for whatever reason I ended up with two FSX directories !

Therefore :

1) Where did you install FSX

2)  Where did you install the PMDG-737

Your input is apprciated

HubertWerni

NB: due to some other computer problems I have to format the drive and reinstall all programs

Herbert Werni

NB: due to some other computer problems I have to format the drive and reinstall all programs

People always resort to this when most of the time, it's really not necessary. A tiny bit of forethought will make things like this entirely unnecessary.

After you reformat:

1. Install FSX in C:\FSX\
  2. Install the NGX in its default directory (which will be in the folder in Step 1, above) - Do not modify this location, and do not move it manually after installing.

When you install PFPX, when you set the FSX location (it will likely already pick it up, but if it doesn't), simply specify the FSX location alone. Do not attempt to tell PFPX that FSX is in your PMDG subfolder within FSX.

Sounds a lot like you found a bunch of information that's relevant but complicated it for yourself. It's pretty simple: install FSX outside of the Program Files folder. That's it. Don't modify any other folder location by any other developer who is attempting to install into FSX.

Kyle Rodgers

People always resort to this when most of the time, it's really not necessary. A tiny bit of forethought will make things like this entirely unnecessary.

After you reformat:

1. Install FSX in C:\FSX\
  2. Install the NGX in its default directory (which will be in the folder in Step 1, above) - Do not modify this location, and do not move it manually after installing.

When you install PFPX, when you set the FSX location (it will likely already pick it up, but if it doesn't), simply specify the FSX location alone. Do not attempt to tell PFPX that FSX is in your PMDG subfolder within FSX.

Sounds a lot like you found a bunch of information that's relevant but complicated it for yourself. It's pretty simple: install FSX outside of the Program Files folder. That's it. Don't modify any other folder location by any other developer who is attempting to install into FSX.

Thank you for your fast information

Hubert Werni

Herbert Werni