Sign in to follow this  
BMagann

Should I go from 3.0 to 3.2?

I am perfectly happy with 3.0. In fact I'm delighted. Is there any compelling reason to update to 3.2? If I do will I have to re-install all the Orbx and Aerosoft sceneries that I have?

Educate me!

- Bill Magann

If you are delighted with 3.0, then why bother. If you interest in 3.2 is not aroused, then there is not point to worrying about it. 

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

Bill,

I went from 3.0 to 3.2 myself.  I was / am happy with both.  I did not notice any radical differences, but depending on your machine and flying habits, you might.

Ron

You will get better high altitude water with 3.2 but I found that 3.0's water was better down low.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

To me the greatest 3.2 advantage is the ability to use the shader mod posted elsewhere in this forum.

That's actually what pushed me to upgrade.

I went from 3 to 3.2 and it seems a bit smoother, but that may be the placebo effect. FPS just about the same. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

At the very minimum update to 3.2 for the Client update. It will allow future updates to prevent reinstalling all your add-ons every update. 

The Shader and Content update should not be overlooked as well. Any improvements to content and/or shader functionality is welcome anytime just like any other application that has an update.

Plus most add-on developers have updated to 3.2, so you should not have any issues with incompatibility.

Thanks guys. I now have something to base my decision on.

- Bill Magann

I had blurries going from 3.0 to 3.2. 3.0 was perfectly fine for me. Just letting you know it may not be the same paradise for everyone.

I had blurries going from 3.0 to 3.2. 3.0 was perfectly fine for me. Just letting you know it may not be the same paradise for everyone.

Only time I had blurries in any version of P3D was when the add on manager from FSDT set affinity mask=14 in my P3D .cfg file. Once I discovered the problem, and deleted that entry, haven't seen a blurry since. I qualify this by saying that I don't run my sliders all the way to the right. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

The one issue that I and others have noted with 3.2 is when mountain flying down low, the sides of the mountains are not updated to the most detailed texture until just a couple miles ahead of you which results in very noticeable popping - it didn't do that in 3.0

Dave

PC=9700K@5Ghz+RTX2070  VR=HP Reverb|   Software = Windows 10 | Flight SIms = P3D, CAP2, DCS World, IL-2,  Aerofly FS2

To me the greatest 3.2 advantage is the ability to use the shader mod posted elsewhere in this forum.

That's actually what pushed me to upgrade.

shader mod? You're not talking about Re-Shade are you? If so, I'm running a Re-Shade just fine in 3.1.

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

shader mod? You're not talking about Re-Shade are you? If so, I'm running a Re-Shade just fine in 3.1.

Chas

They're referring to the mod in this thread Chas - 

http://www.avsim.com/topic/486643-brighter-terrain-darker-cloud-shadows-done/

I've tried it and it looks pretty good.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

The one issue that I and others have noted with 3.2 is when mountain flying down low, the sides of the mountains are not updated to the most detailed texture until just a couple miles ahead of you which results in very noticeable popping - it didn't do that in 3.0

Dave

Got the same issue,did you submit a report to LM?

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

They're referring to the mod in this thread Chas - 

http://www.avsim.com/topic/486643-brighter-terrain-darker-cloud-shadows-done/

I've tried it and it looks pretty good.

Vic

Thanks Vic

C

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2