Looking to move from my 27" monitor to a 55" 4K TV. My rig =  Win10 Pro 64bit, two GTX-970's in SLI, i7-4820K @ 3.70ghz and 16GB Ram. I only run P3Dv3+ and XP10.

I was thinking of getting the following. For those people running a large 4K TV what do you think?

Cheers

LG Electronics 55UF6800 55-Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV

http://www.amazon.com/LG-Electronics-55UF6800-55-Inch-Ultra/dp/B00Y7XTF2A

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

Make sure it does 30hz :-)

I think (I hope) he's joking.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

+1.    LOL, thinking of your other thread. 

Jeff

Jeff Smith

System: i9-9900K@5.0GHz., ASUS Maximus XI Hero MB, 32 GB 3200 Hyper-X RAM, Corsair HX1000i PSU, Cooler Master ML360R RGB, EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3, (2) Samsung 860 500GB SSD for Windows 10 Pro and sim, (2) M.2 NVMe 2TB, (2) WD Black 4TB HD for data, Samsung 65" 4K curved monitor @ 30Hz. (Currently running VSync, TB , Unlimited),YOKO+ yoke, VF TQ6+,TPR pedals, Logitech Multi, Switch, and Radio Panels

Software:  P3Dv4.5HF3 Pro, Ultimate Traffic Live, ASP3D, ASCA, ORBX, Fly Tampa, GSX/GSX2, PMDG, A2A, Just Flight, Milviz, Carenado, Majestic.

On other computer: P3D v3.2.3, My Traffic 6.0a, PMDG, ORBX, A2A, Captain Sim , iFly, Flight 1, Flysimware, Just Flight, Milviz, Carenado

Heh...yeah, a little intense over there. 

I don't have a 4K...just a 46" 1080P but I'm running 4K DSR.  Doesn't seem to bother my FPS a bit with my single 970 4GB.  I'd guess you'd be fine.  Over in my other thread, the feedback seems quite positive.  Hopefully someone who *has* one will chime in.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."

Like Gregg im running 4k DSR but 55" about 5 feet away from me and the screen size is perfect. Real 4k though would be even better and with SLI 970's should be a breeze

ZORAN

Why would he be joking?

30hz works great on my 55" Samsung tv, smooth as silk and no stutters!

Look at some of Rob Ainscough videos on you tube most are at 30hz.

Can't help the op with the LG but if it does 30hz go for it.

Mick

Joking? Are you joking?

never ceases to amaze me that the magic bullet cure for Stutters in flight sim is so broadly rejected!

I challenge anyone to produce raw footage this smooth with setting this high, weather and addons seen here using any other method! Bottom line is if your frame rate does not match your display refresh rate you will see stutters!

NOTE THE FRAME COUNTER IN GREEN AT THE BOTTOM LEFT OF THE SCREEN.

ITS NAILED TO 30 THE WHOLE TIME!

And this cannot be done unless your display supports a refresh rate of 30hz!

Joking? Are you joking?

The joke was actually another related thread where some people had gone off the deep end discussing Hz.  That's all.

Gregg Seipp

Joking? Are you joking?

never ceases to amaze me that the magic bullet cure for Stutters in flight sim is so broadly rejected!

I challenge anyone to produce raw footage this smooth with setting this high, weather and addons seen here using any other method! Bottom line is if your frame rate does not match your display refresh rate you will see stutters!

Brilliant vid, smooth as silk. But surely an OC of 5 ghz and twin gtx 780s overclocked as well has a lot to do with that smoothness?

ZORAN

Brilliant vid, smooth as silk. But surely an OC of 5 ghz and twin gtx 780s overclocked as well has a lot to do with that smoothness?

Nope! The hardware has nothing to do with the smoothness at all! It does have something to do with the settings that smoothness can be maintained at, but the smoothness is completely as a result of the the following:

1. Set you frame rate in P3D to unlimited.

2. manipulate your setting such that you can always maintain over 30fps in the VC view. Not below 34 or 35 fps.

3. Activate Vsync in the P3D display setting

4. Go into the Nvidia Control Panel and set your screen refresh rate to 30hz (assuming its an option)

5. Restart your System and P3D. Load the same scenario with the setting you established.

6. You frame counter will show 30fps constantly.

7. If your fps drops below 30fps you will see stutters and will need to reduce your display setting accordingly.

8. You FPS will likely drop well below 30fps on approach to your destination and you will see stutters. As far as I know you have to live with that I have never been able to correct that.

Anyway enough said. Don't want to hijack this thread.

Its enough to say that when purchasing a new display you should be looking for one that not only supports 60hz but as many refresh rates as possible! I have 30hz 50hz and 60hz. I wish I had 40hz that would be awesome, you could get the smoothness and very close to the fluidity of 60hz at 40hz, but I am not sure anyone makes a TV or Display that supports 40hz.

Joking? Are you joking?

https://youtu.be/yK3hh7SbQOU

Dave,

Your demonstration of 'smoothness' is amazing. I don't think filming your footage in real life would have been much different. Something to shoot for whenever I upgrade my system. Thanks for sharing.

JJ

Your demonstration of 'smoothness' is amazing.

Glad you enjoyed it and indeed the game play is precisely the same as the footage:-) But again I will point out that the only hardware requirement to achieve this smoothness is a display that supports a 30hz refresh rate. You won't get setting without the high end hardware but there is no reason you can't get the smoothness.