Sign in to follow this  
basementflyguy

Hey Chris Bell ...

Very nice vid !

• Upvote 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Awesome video - gotta luv the Bell NE  :wink:

• Upvote 1

Rich Sennett

WOW! no words!

as soon as you took off there i got chills!

from the dark side of the moon to your TNG there, everything was bang on!

im still blown away!

Thank you for this beautiful tribute! :wub:

(i know which video we will feature next on our homepage :wink:)

After flying with Chris's Night environment, i just cant understand how we flew without it ! But soon Black marble is coming and we going global Night environment ! Cant wait !

• Upvote 2

Roi Ben

After flying with Chris's Night environment, i just cant understand how we flew without it ! But soon Black marble is coming and we going global Night environment ! Cant wait !

oh yah - going to be epic  :wink:   :dance:

• Upvote 1

Rich Sennett

Thanks, Chris. I took a couple of screenies during this flight as well. I'll get an album together over on my blog, but here's one shot. No touchups here ... it's just how it looked on the screen.

2016-4-24_0-20-24-525.jpg

Actually, I kind of like this one, too ...

2016-4-24_0-18-40-757.jpg

• Upvote 1

BasementFlyGuy

GA home cockpit running X-Plane 11 (and sometimes P3D)

Blog: www.ontheglideslope.net

YouTube: OnTheGlideslope Channel

Facebook: On The Glideslope

Very nice, that's getting close to XP10 quality.

Cheers, Rob.

Cheers, Rob.

I trust Chris to make it look even better !

• Upvote 1

Roi Ben

No touchups here ... it's just how it looked on the screen.

they look fantastic! :wub:

FYI: none of our pics or video's have ever been edited; they are posted raw as they are captured in Sim!

Cheers, Rob.

Thank you Rob,

what do you feel is missing there to set new standards?

id like to change the mantra to... "it almost looks like Night Environment" :wink:

(no disrespect to XP; just evolution)

what do you feel is missing there to set new standards?

...essentially this feature from XPlane10

...draw per-pixel lighting toggles pixel shaders. Using pixel shaders allows X-Plane to add 3-D lighting on a per-pixel basis, to incredible effect. Rather than having the simulator tell the graphics card how to light an area, the graphics card determines it in real time, creating a very realistic image. If you have an older graphics card, this can have a large effect on frame rate.

Nothing you can control Chris, but I think it's on LM's radar for a future version (having aircraft/Simobjects actually light up when they travel under/around a light source) ... but as always, real time light calcs come at a performance cost but it's all GPU cost (well most of it) - which is good since CPUs seem to be dead in the water in terms of performance improvements for the next few years.

Cheers, Rob.

Thank you Rob,
i agree, with current platform restrictions imposed there's not much we can do further but help and support P3D development,

yes we are able to render full 3D lighting with the desired effect of highlighting passing objects below right now,
to some extent we utilize this effect in our France release and all our future v1.8 updates,
it is a synthetic 3D which we feel for our specific application should be enough at this point in time,
still it is a heavy effect to render by the millions and sure enough will take a toll on current platforms,

latest hardware is progressing and processing speeds are greatly improving every day now we are able to push little more even on older devices,
still the bulk of this is still on the platform developers; which i cant tress enough how much we need to support in any way possible if we want to see these features and many other developed and enhanced further,