Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Payware quality Philly KPHL freeware download...and/or Donation

This Philly scenery is outstanding, even by 2016 standards. I had it in fsx, but for some reason in p3d the Delaware river turns pink at a distance and I never did find a fix for it.

I had it in fsx, but for some reason in p3d the Delaware river turns pink at a distance and I never did find a fix for it.

We FS2004 users never had that problem at all ..... even by 2016 standards.

We FS2004 users never had that problem at all ..... even by 2016 standards

Agreed, it worked great in 2004, fsx and even p3d, with just that one glitch. I'm sure there is a p3d fix, I just never really got around to looking!

What we now have is another developer that is "Crawfishing" from FS2004 ...... very sad.

Wasn't that way when the project started out (equal to or before 2011 according to the forum posts).  The Dark Side has taken another star system.

• Administrator
  • staradmin.gifstaradmin.gifstaradmin.gifstaradmin.gifstaradmin.gif
  •  
xx.gif
Re: Detroit DTW
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2016, 02:45:03 AM »
The development is for FSX but I use it in P3DV3 without any issues.

For FS9 I think where we are in the development of FS platforms we may need to revisit the backward compatibility...

Also I would ask everyone to hold on the Beta requests as two items are still missing which are essential to the scenery and Ian has promised to send them to me soon.

Shez

This Philly scenery is outstanding, even by 2016 standards. I had it in fsx, but for some reason in p3d the Delaware river turns pink at a distance and I never did find a fix for it.

I am running it in all my two P3D installs,  P3D  v2.4 and 3.2.3. No pink river here.  It must be a local scenery conflict issue on your system. Layers?

Hi Ses,

I didn't get the pink river either - you are missing the highway bridges though - right ???

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Still no problems sighted on my single FS2004 install.  Seems all there and working well.  Textures are matching all other surroundings.

There's actually a pinned topic in this forum called

The Best Freeware Airports and Scenery for FS9

and if you search it you will find KPHL referenced four times...

I pulled 14 gig of scenery from the quoted thread alone. Same thread then resulted in finding my way to masses of other airport scenery not specifically mentioned in the thread. Great place to start for anyone with many fantastic links and mentions. I haven't even had a chance to visit KPHL yet!

Mark Daniels

Excellent! that's what pinned topics are all about.

Don't forget to add your pick of your new bunch!

Well I guess if the Detroit scenery will not be made for FS9 we will have to use the ImagineSim scenery (it's freeware now). Although that scenery does not have the North Terminal in it (it is shown as under construction in the scenery).

Excellent! that's what pinned topics are all about.

Don't forget to add your pick of your new bunch!

I'm flying nothing but world tours visiting a new airport on every visit. I'm assigning a 1 to 5 rating for each one. I found I had to come up with some reasonable way to determine where I would like to visit again. I've found rating through 5 levels optimal for me. In time I will put up some kind of list in the thread because I feel people really should continue to add to it. There are many high quality airports I've already visited that either only received a quick mention or have not been mentioned at all in the thread.

Mark Daniels