Sign in to follow this  
LNRalph

PMDG 737NGX PFD in Air Manager

Hello peeps!

I've been working on a PFD for the 737NGX. For quite a while now, it's not really a full time thing, and there's still a lot to do.

You might think: why?!!!1 Well... There's one main reason: because it runs stand-alone. You don't need another instance or window of FSX/P3D to be running, which uses valuable resources. And a very cool thing is that it can run on a Raspberry Pi.

The reason why I'm posting this, is because I'm wondering how many people would be interested in using this. In other words, is it worth it to go this far? The second reason. There's quite some data which isn't available, this keeps me from completing this instrument....  If there's enough people interested, It might convince PMDG to make more data (variables) accessible/available.

It's not in open beta at the moment, there's still too much to do.

A demo video:

The reason why I'm posting this, is because I'm wondering how many people would be interested in using this. In other words, is it worth it to go this far?

We're working on networked version of our software that can run on multiple computers. The 747v2 is the first product of ours that will be able to do this, and this will be rolled back into the NGX and 777 so that they can be made to work in our Sim Center. So, if you enjoy tinkering, have at it, but it's something that will be added natively into our products down the line.

Full names in the forum, please - first and last.

Kyle Rodgers

Good to know :) The only advantage of this one would be that it can run on a Raspberry Pi. Although you might have the same ambitions...